Exploring Dubai

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 10, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

We left Abu Dhabi mid-afternoon, and had the hotel organize a car to take us to Dubai. A taxi between the two cities is generally ~250AED, and this was the same rate. So it's not inexpensive, but is realistically the best option unless you've rented a car. Traffic wasn't horrible by Dubai standards, but it still took nearly two hours before we arrived at the Park Hyatt Dubai. Check-in was efficient, and we were assigned a Park Suite on the far end of the property. The Park Hyatt Dubai (and specifically this room type) has been reviewed several times here on OMAAT, and I don't have much to add. The property is nice, though probably due for a refresh, the service is decidedly "meh" which I consider par for the course in the UAE, and the temperature controls in the shower really are more complicated than the SkyMiles pricing engine. My mother, however, would like you all to know that this is a hotel "designed by men, for men. Why aren't there outlets near the mirrors in the bathrooms? And why does that chair face towards the television rather than that lovely view? And the bathtub. Oh my." The post Exploring Dubai appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...