Exploring Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 5, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

I had an expansive list of things to do in Abu Dhabi, which is partly why we'd booked three nights there. There is no love lost between me and Dubai, but I do enjoy Abu Dhabi (for what it is). That being said, my favorite thing to do from Abu Dhabi is drive through the desert to Oman, but that's probably not something most people are looking to do. Given the lousy weather, we didn't take any day trips, and limited our excursions to the Mosque, the nearby souk, and checking out the Emirates Palace hotel for dinner. **Visiting the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque** This is the best thing to do in Abu Dhabi, and possibly in the UAE, in my opinion. It doesn't take that much time (but it can, if you'd like), and is beautiful at any time of day. There aren't many mosques that non-Moslems can visit in the region to begin with, and the scale of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is impressive. The audio guide is also well done, and while it's a little (okay, a lot) propaganda-laden, it's still informative. The post Exploring Abu Dhabi appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...