Explorer award help

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by PAinNY, Jan 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. PAinNY
    Original Member

PAinNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    [color=][/color]
    Ok, I THOUGHT I booked my first explorer award successfully as did the AA agent but 4 days later I get a phone call. No good - two open jaws

Here is what I had

JFK-LHR (AA) LHR-HAM. (BA) TXL-ZRH (AB) GVA-LHR (BA). LHR -JFK (AA)

I tried using BA as little as possible due to the fuel charges and I know I needed two airlines. The ticket priced about $380 pp in Business. Now I have to start all over as this ticket is void. Any idea how to structure this ticket to work or something close. The ticket was Sept 17 returning Oct 9

Many thanks
    Pat

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    To be honest it's very hard to offer possible "fixes" when you've given us absolutely no information on what you'd like to see fixed and what the trip is for.

Is one of the open jaws more feasible/likely to be dropped than another? Are your stops at specific locations you want to see or are you open to other locations as long as you're getting good value and seeing Europe? Is this for one person? Two?

Is it possible to solve this all very easily by dropping one of the open jaws and simply using the very efficient European rail system to get back and forth between two locations?

PAinNY and edekba like this.
  3. PAinNY
    Original Member

PAinNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Duplicate post sorry

4. PAinNY
    Original Member

PAinNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    David
    Many thanks for answering my question. I somehow came down with the flu or something like it since my original post.

AA fixed it rather quickly by eliminating Hamburg so I will fly in and out of Berlin. Not a great hardship as I can take the train to Hamburg or maybe just see something new since I have been to Hamburg before. I really wanted to concentrate on Berlin so the ticket works out fine. I needed to go to ZRH for family reasons and the same with GVA. So, all is good
    Thanks so much
    Pat