Expiring Hyatt Suite Upgrades

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by alohastephen, Nov 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have three remaining Hyatt Diamond Suite upgrades that are set to expire in Feb of 2012. I know that I will not be able to use them before that time. :(

Is there a way that I could get some value out of them? Or perhaps apply them to a "friends" reservation?

Thank you in advance!:)

2. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I'm not wrong, you can still use these 2011 suite upgrades for reservations beyond Feb 28, 2012 as long as the reservation is made before Feb 28. However, if you cancel the reservation, the upgrades can't be re-deposited back to your account.

3. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. :)That is good to keep in mind.

I don't usually plan my vacations that far in advance, but the suite upgardes make for a good reason to start doing so.
    :cool:

sendaiben and cennas like this.
  4. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you cancel the reservation the cert won't be put back into the account, but in the past I have been able to move it to a different reservation.

cennas, alohastephen and IDGflygirl like this.
  5. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's interesting. I wonder how long I could move the upgrades from reservation to reservation to keep them alive. ;)

cennas likes this.
  6. studio253
    Original Member

studio253 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had no idea this was possible. Thanks!!

alohastephen and cennas like this.
  7. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't gotten around to using most of my free suite upgrades since the program was launched a few years ago. When I booked speculatively beyond their expiration, I had to cancel most of those reservations due to changes in my plans.

Frankly, the hotels where suite upgrades are worthwhile tend to be be too expensive. For those properties, I would want to redeem points instead. Or the suite may have a bad view or be near the elevator. I've traded out of suites for standard rooms in those cases.

alohastephen and Toula like this.
  8. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Too bad they won't let us use more than one suite upgrade at a time for an even better suite. And of course too bad we can't use them on award stays.

alohastephen likes this.
  9. cstderr

cstderr Member

Status Points:
    I reserved a 5-night stay at Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui using the upgrade certificat to get a regency suite king. I am wondering if I can pay the difference to get a harbor view suite.

alohastephen likes this.