Expired UNITED beverage voucher

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by RRK, Jun 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. RRK

RRK Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am still holding 1 old UNITED beverage voucher, with a January 31, 2012 expiration and 10 old UNITED beverage voucher, with a June 30, 2012 expiration date.

I will be doing a mileage run tomorrow. Every segment, except the 6 AM morning flight from EWR to SFO has been cleared for First. So I have 2 options, getting totally drunk and wasted early morning during my breakfast for purchase morning flight ( just kidding ), OR have all those beverage vouchers expire.

Now the question to my fellow milepoint members. Is UNITED generous with expired beverage vouchers ? Did anybody try to use an old expired beverage voucher and they accepted it ?
    If not, don't be surprise to see me giving out all my beverage vouchers tomorrow morning to SFO.
    Let's have an early morning toast to the NEW UNITED

2. bungalow1225

bungalow1225 Active Member

Status Points:
    I've used nothing but expired vouchers (about 7 of them so far) for the last several weeks. The FA doesn't even look at them, s/he just slips them into the apron pocket and serves up the drink. That's my experience, anyway.

Enjoy the run.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  3. lhrsfo
    Original Member

lhrsfo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Apart from a German FA I had a couple of months ago, I've had the same experience - they simply take them. The German lady, however, had to speak to a couple of other FAs and, I thought, looked as though she needed a formal release from them for doing it....

It will be interesting to hear the experience of the June 30 ones...

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    A beverage voucher that expired in Jan 31, 2012 is nothing to worry about. Most FAs do not bother looking at the expiration date, although you might occasionally run into one who might make a fuss...

5. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why not just redeem them all "to-go" :)

A co-worker of mine did that last year and they didn't mind (granted he only had 4 not 11) :)

IDGflygirl likes this.
  6. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had only expired ones on a recent flight, and asked a FA if I could use them - she said sure, she's happy to take them.

I have had sCO FA's refuse expired ones. I've had mixed experience on UX. sUA seems to always take expired ones.

7. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never had anyone deny me use of an expired drink coupon on either subsidiary. So, I think the odds are pretty good you can use them.

8. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a feeling that accepting of old might come to an end, I noticed on the jan 13 ones they are all serialized

9. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think they always have had a serial number, and more recently a bar code

Flyer1976 likes this.
  10. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Theres a UPC on the back of older ones but no serialized number, newer ones have a serial number that is barcodedm, the 5 i got are numeric order