expired (paper) voucher - any remedies?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by dmel, Nov 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just found a paper voucher that expired in September. I thought I had used it, but apparently not. :eek:

Are there any ways to reinstate it, or get a % of the value back, or am I totally SOL?

2. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not a paper voucher, but maybe this will work.

When I took the police test the weekend of the FLounge DO in March, I had an AA ticket MCI-DFW-LGA. Called and canceled the night before the trip/test, and was told that the credit would be under the PNR/ticket #.

In May when AA had those cheapo LAX-PEK tix, I called up AA and attempted to use the credit. AAgent told me that it was marked as me being a no-show :eek:, and that no credit was due. I told her exact time I called, etc, and assured them that it was canceled. Because it was 12am, she said to call back on Monday and ask to speak with CS. I did that, and the agent said she would allow me to use the credit (not sure if it was a one-time courtesy, or she actually saw that I cxd it before dept).

Perhaps calling up AA will yield the same results. good luck! :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    iolaire, zpaul and dmel like this.
  3. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was worth a shot. I wrote a letter to AA and received:

Oh well. Live and learn.