ExpertFlyer technical questions

Discussion in 'ExpertFlyer' started by 2lovelife, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. 2lovelife
    Original Member

2lovelife Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello EF,

I cannot log into the full version when checking from my Android. It just keeps bouncing me between the login page and the after login menu. I can log into the mobile version from my phone, but am missing all the features of the full site.

Is this something that can be fixed?

What about an Android application? Any plans?

2. ExpertFlyer Voice

ExpertFlyer Voice Z Representative

Status Points:
    We haven't had any reports of issues with the Andriod browser before, especially since it's based on the same code that mobile Safari (in iOS) is. I also have used the full EF website with Andriod going back to 2.0 and the original Driod. Please email customercare@expertflyer.com for further assistance. Before you do, please try clearing the browers cache and see if there is a difference between using 3G vs Wifi.

Our plans are to work on an enhanced version of the mobile site for all touch enabled devices at some point.

travelfree likes this.
  3. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm actually having the same problem - seems to work ok on wifi but not on 3G - I have to figure out how to clear the cache on the Android browser.

4. ExpertFlyer Voice

Status Points:
    Do both of you have the same cell provider? It could be that their proxy server is caching things it shouldn't be (we send "don't cache" flags with our pages).

5. 2lovelife
    Original Member

2lovelife Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you, I tried again, several times, and could not access EF.

That's when it hit me... I use Dolphin Android browser. When I switched to the default Android browser, I could once again log-on and use the EF features.:):):)

Perhaps your team could address the Dolphin browser incompatibility issues. Thank you in advance.

6. ExpertFlyer Voice

Status Points:
    ExpertFlyer works correctly with all major desktop and mobile browsers. If there is an issue accessing EF with just Dolphin, you would send in a bug report to them as it's not something we can fix. Tell them that the browser is having a problem holding session information after you login to EF.

7. 2lovelife
    Original Member

2lovelife Silver Member

Status Points:
    Something that would be equally easy for your team to do too. I was just updating my previous post indicating that I more closely pinpointed the problem accessing your site. Do with the information as you may.

8. ExpertFlyer Voice

Status Points:
    More closely pinpointed the problem in what respect? If there is a problem with the browser, there isn't anything we can do to fix it. The problem would seem to be with how Dolphin stores session/cookie information and passes it back to us as you navigate the site. Another possibility is that like Opera Mobile, Dolphin is using an intermediary server to request the pages and that is causing the problem. Either way you should send the bug report to them and include our support email so they can contact us directly if they have any questions, we'll be more then happy to work with them.

9. yosithezet
    Original Member

yosithezet Silver Member

Status Points:
    He is suggesting that you could just as easily contact Dolphin support and report that you have a user having a problem. Of course if they then want to check something about the browser environment they'd need to contact the poster so not sure why he doesn't contact them himself.