Expert Flyer - features

Discussion in 'ExpertFlyer' started by YVR-Flyer, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. YVR-Flyer
    Original Member

YVR-Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    A popular fare search engine www.expertflyer.com has become one of the primary tools for searching fares, fare rules, routing, determining booking class availability and seat maps.

Under fare search a new feature permits you to search for fares for all travel dates:

Select: "Show Fares for All Travel Dates:" under the new advanced tab.

Helpful for search low priced fares that are only valid for a short window of dates.

travelfree, tom911 and milchap like this.
  2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you visited the Expert Flyer forum in Concourse Z? Looks like they have something like a vendor forum there.
    http://milepoint.com/forums/categories/concoursez.152/

3. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is this worth looking into for non-US based flyers?

4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    Isn't this the same as disabling "Filter Results"?

6. ExpertFlyer Voice

ExpertFlyer Voice Z Representative

Status Points:
    Yes, we have information for airlines from all over the world. Here is the list of airlines we have live seat maps for, as an example: http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessSeatMapList.do Either way, we have a free 5-day trial so you can see if it meets your needs.
    No, turning off the filter ignores things like advanced purchase and being able to show R/T fares without specifying a return date, however still validated by Depart Date. The Show Fares For All Travel Dates shows all fares that are in the system for all departure dates.

cockpitvisit likes this.
  7. weinskkb
    Original Member

weinskkb Silver Member

Status Points:
    I saw he posted this in another thread this weekend. It must have been moved somehow/someway.

8. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for letting me know I'm not losing my mind. [​IMG]

ACMM likes this.
  9. RAPC
    Original Member

RAPC Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a UK based flyer, I can thoroughly recommend it. It is one tool I readily pay the subscription for and a number of new features have rolled out over the past year. My only criticism is that I don't make as good use of it as I should!

ExpertFlyer Voice likes this.
  10. janyyc
    Original Member

janyyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    I completely agree. I use it for everything, from checking how full J/C will be on my particular flight to just browsing for flights or seeing how much longer I can wait before booking... Highly recommended for any flyer on major airlines! :)

11. ark
    Original Member

ark Silver Member

Status Points:
    It also provides upgrade and award availability for a number of participating airlines including non-US airlines.

12. Ewing
    Original Member

Ewing Active Member

Status Points:
    Most definitely.

I'm based in Australia and have been using E/F since 2006 (based on my email history). The other features including seat maps, availability, etc. are very handy.

I love the seat alerts. I have favourite seats on aircraft. If they're not available for me to select at booking time, I'll put in an alert and be notified when it is available.

But from the horses mouth above; take the 5 day trial and see if it works for you.

sendaiben likes this.
  13. monitor
    Original Member

monitor Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you use an airline that is heavily supported by EF, it is indispensable. I am a high status domestic flyer with DL and a few minutes checking with EF saves me from booking any flight that has no available upgrades. As a result, I have missed getting the upgrade only once in the last three years.

It is not however as useful for checking out awards on DL, but award trips for me are only two or three a year and the domestic trips happen nearly every week. For me, the subscription is money well spent.

14. richinaz
    Original Member

richinaz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if this is the best place to post this but I'll give it a shot.
    Maybe it is user incompetence :confused: but it seems like some obvious things are missing from Expert Flyer.

For example I enter in my flight info and then select the "Flight Details" and it gives me some data like % on time. From that point I should be able to easily click on a button to show me the seat map but I don't see anyway to do that. Instead I have to go to "Seat Map" tab and re-enter a bunch of information.

Am I missing something here?

15. ExpertFlyer Voice

ExpertFlyer Voice Z Representative

Status Points:
    Hi richinaz, we find that the usual flow is to do an initial Flight Availability or Award & Upgrade search and from there get other data related to the flight. You'll see that on the Flight Availability and Award & Upgrade results there are links to both Flight Details and Seat Maps, as well as Flight Alert creation, for every flight listed.

You are the first to suggest a Flight Availability link from Flight Details results, but we'll consider it for a future improvement. If you have additional suggestions please feel free to email us at customercare@expertflyer.com

16. richinaz
    Original Member

richinaz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the response. IMO if you already have the info availability the user should be able to transition to it easily. I'm guessing I'm not the only one they may do things out of order :)