Experience with Mileage Plus Customer Service

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by volsfan, Apr 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. volsfan

volsfan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been needing to make a change in my wife's OnePass account and I tried to normal 800 number to talk to an agent--after going through a barrage of alternatives, I find out that due to unusual volume of calls, I will need to call back later. I then noticed that on the contacts page for customer service, there are various telephone numbers for foreign language customer service, including Cantonese. My wife grew up in Asia and is somewhat fluent in Cantonese, so we decided to try it. Sure enough, we got a live representative on the line immediately and she also knew English!! From now on, my wife is going to do all the telephone business with United...

Flyer1976 and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    even though the message is there are long waits, for the past few weeks, there really haven't been.

3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've heard of people calling the Mexico desk and asking to be transferred. There are lots of ways around this.

HeathrowGuy likes this.
  4. higal
    Original Member

higal Silver Member

Status Points:
    The first time...I was obedient - hung up and called back. The last 3 times, I've just stayed on the line and have been connected right away...:confused:

5. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Back when I was CO Silver, I would call the Spanish number. I speak Spanish, so it was great. Continental seemed to hang up on me every time I called the English number after a recording told me that there was a high call volume, try again later.