Experience booking Israir Airlines?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Middle East/Africa' started by harvson3, Jan 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have questions that might be answered by someone who has flown domestically in Israel.

We're looking to go down to Eilat soon while on vacation. The flight from SDV to ETH that works best for us time-wise is on Israir, which can be booked for USD$95 on Priceline and the ITA matrix, but displays as $63 on israirairlines.com.

a) Does anyone know which currency this is? (The T&C don't specify it.)
    b) Is this website reliable? Is the price reliable? It seems like such a large discount to book directly.

I admit I haven't gone so far as to enter my credit card info and find out answers to the above.

Thanks for any help.

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flew Israir from Eilat back to to TLV a few years ago. My assistant took care of the booking, so I don't know the details of what you're asking.

The notable part of the flight, for me, was how they threaded their way around less friendly areas on the ground during the short flight up to TLV.

harvson3 likes this.
  3. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks NYBanker. I used Skype to call the airline, and the currency is USD.

I bought tickets and will report back after the trip; there aren't many (any?) trip reports out there.

UPDATE: Though the fare was priced in USD, I was charged a foreign transaction fee. Fair warning.