Experian Credit score???

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by PointsNmilesAddict, Jan 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. PointsNmilesAddict

PointsNmilesAddict Active Member

Status Points:
    Experian Credit score!

Is it normal for the experian credit score to be lower than the other trnsunion and equifax scores? I man i have 785 equifax, 757 transunion and 720 experian!! what's goig on here?? is this normal?? all my scores were previously in the upper 770's and after 2 churns and never paying anything late those are my scores... is thios normal??

2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    The difference is big enough to warrant a further look. I would order a full report from Experian and check for any inaccurate and/or derogatory entries.

3. pilotb757

pilotb757 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a similar situation, Transunion 798, Equifax 777, and Experian 722. I pulled my Experian report and nothing wrong. In my case most of the credit pulls for apps hit Experian.

edekba and MX like this.
  4. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    The site I like best for these types of issues is TrueCredit. You can pull all three bureaus and see them side by side. Then you can see if any of your accounts are or are not reporting to a particular agency or if balances are incorrect. It's easy to spot cross bureau discrepancies with this product and it's about $12 / month (no contract or minimum month required).

5. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the same boat, but I just attribute it to EX being hit the hardest in terms of hard inquires.

EX - 8
    EF - 2
    TU - 2

:) but YMMV

6. PointsNmilesAddict

PointsNmilesAddict Active Member

Status Points:
    I got ID guard and so far so good as I feel my info is protected!

7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you all see the 60 Minutes TV program on CBS this evening? 40 million Americans have errors on their credit reports by the $40 Billion credit reporting industry with no recourse for the consumer ...

40 Million Mistakes: Is your credit report accurate?