Expect delays on AA Plat Exec line for the next week

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by estnet, Jul 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Called tonight and they said 5-10 minutes for agent (but you can do a call back - nice!). When I reached an agent I asked if there is weather somewhere and she said the delay is b/c of the integration with the US system and to expect it for the next week or so.

zpaul, brodyf, Pizzaman and 1 other person like this.
  2. AAEXPmember

AAEXPmember Active Member

Status Points:
    no us airways flights are available right now for purchase aka Phoenix, Charlotte, or philly connections... they are not entirely integrated yet.

3. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got that same message, but I decided to wait. It was a pleasant surprise when I got an agent seconds later. YMMV.

zpaul likes this.
  4. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    I always do the call-back and have never had it fail. I think all companies need to go to systems like this. Let me live my life - you're not going to help me on my time no matter what - so make it easy to help me on your time. :)

flyforawg and zpaul like this.
  5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have that every time I call, and the phone number recognition still si not functional either. Still, there has been only a minute or so wait and no glitches in actual reservations or even information access.
    All in all, judging by others, notably UA and DL, this is pretty smooth. I'd still prefer it to be seamless.

6. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Data point..... in the last 24 hours essentially no wait at all :D

flyforawg and brodyf like this.
  7. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    @jbcarioca I'm not trying to call you a liar at all, but are you sure your phone number is correct in your user profile? The phone tree immediately identified me as Timothy this morning. I just wonder if something got lost or stuck in their system and needs to be updated.

8. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good point. My phone number is correctly identified, too. I intentionally did not call the EXP dedicated number and used general reservations instead. It identified my phone number and directed me to an EXP agent.