EXP Standby Priority on AS?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Explore, Jul 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last fall Alaska Airlines rolled out various benefits for AA elites, like free checked bags and check-in priority. But how about traveling standby, on a revenue or award ticket? I assume AS prioritizes standby candidates by status, so do AA EXPs have any greater priority than, say, AS general members? Do they pay a fee to go standby, and if so, how much? Is it same calendar day only?

Also, do AA EXPs have any priority in IRROPS situations on AS?

Thanks.......

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Considering standby is not on the list of reciprocal benefits, I'd put my money on "no benefits". You'll probably have to follow whatever procedure AS uses for standby. I've only used AS for one trip, so I have little knowledge to draw upon.

In light of the complete silence you've received on FT after asking this question there multiple times, it doesn't seem anyone has had an experience to the contrary, sadly.

If anyone can give you information related to whether AS has secret, unpublished standby benefits for AA elites it would probably be Mike Reed. He has spent some time on AS as an AA and DL elite on more than one occasion it seems.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have experience with this from this week. Alaska elites are not eligible for free standby. I was flying on AA using my AS number (vs. my AA number, I needed to credit some flight to AS) and wanted to go standby. With my AS number on the ticket it wasn't eligible for free standby. I had to change it and apply my AA number first, then she could do the standby.