EXP changing DFW-LHR flights w/in 24 hours

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by mshbnyehud, Jul 7, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. mshbnyehud

mshbnyehud Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm booked on AA50 from DFW-LHR waiting on a C seat in sold out Bus. Class. I need to switch flights same day in order to improve my C upgrade chances, by taking either AA78 or AA80. I want to avoid paying the $300 change fee. Can I simply call into EXP desk within 24 hrs of departure of those later flights, and request a same day change and get wait listed for a C seat, without having to pay a $300 change fee?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    SDC is only available for North America flights: http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/sameDayTravel.jsp

eponymous_coward likes this.
  3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Seth beat me to it. However, I have gotten a helpful EXP AAgent to make a similar change in the past when I asked really nicely. That may change under the new regime, but I've had reasonable luck with requests that were technically against the rules but not outrageously so.

4. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    My experience has been like pizzaman's. Some agents have bent the rules to help me on occasion. However I've had zero success with this on changing an initial departure leg of a trip. I've only had luck on a return segment. I've also only had luck with this when talking to an EXP AAgent on the American phone number. Calling the French, UK, Swiss, whatever number will not likely get you a cooperative or empowered assistant.

FriendlySkies and Pizzaman like this.
  5. mshbnyehud

mshbnyehud Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the immediate and very helpful replies. I'm anxious to hear any additional experiences out there. Thx brodyf, pizzaman and wandering aramean.

Pizzaman likes this.