Exit row or EC?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Tkey, Aug 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Tkey
    Original Member

Tkey Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have two exit row seats reserved LAX-HND. Is EC worth the $180x2 (r/t as FO), or stick with what I have? I have plenty of free drinks so that's not a factor.

Also, do op-ups come solely from EC to BizE, regardless of status? I ask because I've seen reports of non-status pax buying into EC being op-upped.

2. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd keep the exit. Not flown the 777, but I wouldn't pay for EC on the 764 if I can have row 30 (at least ABFG).

Op-ups should be based on status and not from EC seating. Where'd you see the reports of non-status pax getting an op-up from EC to J?

3. Tkey
    Original Member

Tkey Silver Member

Status Points:
    This general member reports being bumped from EC to Biz. Not sure how he got to EC. I'm assuming it was paid for.

4. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    That route's been seeing really light loads in J from most reports, so it seems like it might have been really oversold and low on elites.

5. Tkey
    Original Member

Tkey Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's mostly what I figured, just didn't know if the EC hierarchy supersedes elite status on op-ups. I suppose it's a possible YMMV.