Existing reservation modified by PC to be more expensive

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by FlyingBear, Sep 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got an email from PC that my reservation has been modified and now costs 130 euro more than what I reserved it at. Current website pricing is inline with my original booking. The hotel room was reserved with **Best Available* rate so I can't even figure what there was to change. Anyone had this happen before?

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    never had that happen before, but I would just cancel and re-book

Rosalia likes this.
  3. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Never happened to me...I get modified reservations sometimes, for an upgrade but not for rates.

4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have never seen this before. Make sure you clear the cache of your web browser and check the rate again to verify the original price.

5. ecleppe

ecleppe Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just had the same. It's my awardwallet who notified me of the change.
    I have booked a room + ambassador bogo night for a weekend in Madrid and today I get the notice that my room changed from a CLUB DOUBLE ROOM to a KING BED CLUB ROOM, with a rate going up by 120 €.

I'm RA, so not such a special upgrade anyway I figure?

6. ecleppe

ecleppe Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have called the reservation desk of the hotel and they are still seeing the reservation at the price it was confirmed during booking.
    I suggest you do that as well and take a print screen or printout of the original booking confirmation with you to the hotel, just in case

7. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I see the actual reservation has changed, so clearing cache won't do anything. I just checked in at this new and higher rate. Will be dealing with it later on tonight, as I didn't have time to battle it out on the spot.

I got the original reservation email. I see that the "corrected" reservation supposedly changed to proper dates (on AwardWallet), but at the same time no dates have changed on the site itself. Simply fascinating.

8. ecleppe

ecleppe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine changed from 2-3 persons... maybe a mistery date.. :)

kdw038 likes this.
  9. kdw038

kdw038 Gold Member

Status Points:
    First off, I love how Awardwallet notifies you of any changes. That 2-3 person change has happened to us twice. Both times have resulted in a room upgrade. My wife was questioning my "shenanigans" and there was no way she was going to share a room with someone. As you can tell, we are 2012 newbies.

10. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Apparently it was change a change on Priority Club side, not the hotel's side. Ridiculous.

astraveln likes this.
  11. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    This happens regularly to me on RA upgrades, reservation shows the full price of the upgraded room, still pay the original rate. I have two future reservations with that right now, booked a 108 room, reservation shows 780 per night for a avenue suite. When I check in, it shows 108... No big deal.

Also, some suites have two room numbers. So my reservation ends up with two reservations with different rates. Still only pay for one, at the standard corp rate.

Just my experience... I would not worry or attempt to change the reservation, as you might loose the room they are holding for you.

12. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, I wish it was an upgraded room! PC Platinum means very little in most properties and nothing at IC, as far as I can tell.

13. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agree. I was wondering what the heck, when I switched it IC's and the price and room category would change. On check in/out it was always corrent, but i orginaly thought that the cost was being manipulated. I was wrong, just know that you are getting a better room.

PS, what a lousy system that would leave the wrong priceing in sometimes when the upgrade goes through. Often, the upgrade does keep the same price in the reservation, so it must be an operator error on the ICH side. I say again, it has never affected me negitively, and is done both ways on a regular basis.