Executive Status with National from MP Premium. How long to post?

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by hobo13, Mar 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. hobo13
    Original Member

hobo13 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I still haven't activated my National Executive status that I got from the Milepoint Premium membership. I guess I never figured I'd have a use for it! But it turns out that I am hoping to use it for a weekend the first week of June. Of course, I want to maximize how long I have status for, so I don't want to activate it too soon.

I think I read that it can take 8-12 weeks for your status to reflect the new level. That seems like a LONG time, so I figure it is a conservative estimate. Does anybody have any actual experiences with how long it took from the time you filled out the form until you became Executive?

(I would have posted this in a discussion about MilePoint Premium, but I couldn't find where that would be.)

2. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    purchased my premium membership last august.i had a reservation at LAX for the beginning of september. since i knew it won't update my National profile in the given timeframe I just sent an email to Emerald club(with a screenshot) and they updated my status in a couple of days.

3. dc_traveler
    Original Member

dc_traveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received very prompt assistance with a status request (different type of request) by e-mailing care@nationalcar.com. They responded by providing the requested status match within two business days. Good luck!

Sweet Willie likes this.
  4. hobo13
    Original Member

hobo13 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems I should wait a 4-6 weeks.

5. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think in my case it took only a few weeks.

6. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a problem getting the status due to a perhaps odd situation. BUT I was copied on a couple of e-mails and it was clear National was being very responsive dealing with the MilePoint representative so it may not take long at all.

7. Belinik

Belinik Active Member

Status Points:
    What screenshot did you take and where did you send it to? Have a long reservation coming up in a few weeks and would love to have it activated before.

8. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just sent them a screenshot of my milepoint premium confirmation and asked if they can speed it up a little bit ...no issues whatsoever

Sweet Willie and Belinik like this.
  9. Belinik

Belinik Active Member

Status Points:
    tried the screenshot method, fire a mail to national and got rejected.(within 4 hours). so YMMV

was told:

10. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Took less than a month for me in Jan. to activate mine.

11. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I still haven't redeemed for the status, what's the duration on it? Is it a year from redemption or to a fixed date in time, like the Hyatt Plat status?

12. Belinik

Belinik Active Member

Status Points:
    got mine within a month

13. hobo13
    Original Member

hobo13 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As an update. I submitted my request to activate my National Exec status somewhere around the first or second week of April. Today I logged in, randomly, and sure enough, I'm Exec! So I can't say much other than it was more than a 10 days, but less than 5 weeks.

I did send a PM to the MP representative asking for assistance a few weeks ago, but never heard back. (Maybe she pushed it along and just didn't respond to me?) Seems like it would be nice for National / MP to send a confirmation email just so you know the wheels are turning.

On the plus side, it says my status is good through 2/28/15. Can't argue with that!

14. Stealth22

Stealth22 Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm thinking about getting this account upgrade, as I have a National reservation coming up.

How long do I need to keep the Premium Membership for? Is it just one year, or do I have to keep paying $3.99 a month, if the National membership is good through 2015?

15. xyjiang

xyjiang Active Member

Status Points:
    Same here...any update?

16. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still no upgrade.

17. yoelygb1

yoelygb1 Member

Status Points:
    Got mine in less than 2 weeks

18. JoeCortez

JoeCortez Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got mine in less than a month. That also might have to do with the fact that I was already at Exec. Status. Strange.

Also got my Hilton Gold in less than a month.

19. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think National took two weeks, Hilton one, and Mileage Plus a month.

20. mgo72

mgo72 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is this only available to US or Canadians? I apparently cannot enroll from other countries?

21. jd3000

jd3000 Active Member

Status Points:
    i could enroll from Singapore. Had to email them the form though. Can't do it online.

22. frequentflyer

frequentflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have Executive through AMEX Platinum and it is the only perk that downgrades me every year. Had to fight in the past, even calling corporate to have status perk reinstated. My guess is that parent Enterprise is a real cheapo trying to play with the biggies but reluctant to go full steam. Starwood, Hertz, Avis, and the other perks are no problem. National, problem every year.

Sammich likes this.
  23. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's interesting -- Starwood downgrades me every year and I have to call Amex to get it reinstated. Next time I'll mention some people don't have to do this and see what they say. Probably will get a virtual shoulder shrug though.

Sammich likes this.
  24. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    What's more annoying is that it takes AMEX years to get it reinstated if you go through their "standard" procedures. Usually it takes me a few calls to get a amex rep. that's willing to call SPG and establish a 3 way call to get it done instantly.

bigx0 likes this.
  25. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    On that side I've been fortunate -- the first Amex rep I get always says "No problem, I'll put you on a three way call." and it does get taken care of quickly. JUst annoying having to call each time!

Sammich likes this.