Executive/Emerald Aisle if reserved via Chase Ultimate Rewards

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by funtrainsf, Jul 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. funtrainsf

funtrainsf Silver Member

Status Points:
    In looking for good prices for an upcoming trip to Hawaii, I have found that the cheapest rental car price is through Chase Ultimate Rewards (where I would actually pay for the rental and not use any points).

My question is that if I book my usual intermediate/mid-size through Chase Ultimate Rewards, will I get my Executive benefits (where I choose my car)?

I haven't been able to find this answer, but did find deep in the internet somewhere that when you reserve through Chase, you can not put your loyalty program number and if you call who you reserved the car with they won't add it since it went through Chase. Without my EC number, I don't see how National will see my executive status and let me pick my car.

Has anyone experienced reserving through Chase and being able to use Emerald/Executive aisle?

Thanks!

Sweet Willie and GoodBoy like this.
  2. jcmitchell21

jcmitchell21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't imagine it being different that when booking through Priceline, Travelocity or the like.

GoodBoy likes this.
  3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Austin at the counter they said on a Citibank thank you points reservation the benifts did not apply, but at the car area they took my card and added my wife as the free second driver - that's a benift of membership. I picked for the basic isle, likely I could have used the other isle if I asked. So it depends on the agent.

Sweet Willie and GoodBoy like this.
  4. jcmitchell21

jcmitchell21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As it always seems unfortunately.

GoodBoy likes this.
  5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    (bolding mine) I would think you could have.

I've used Priceline quite a bit over the years and always my benefits were honored and I received car credit towards a free rental. The first time I used PL, I went into the desk and the agent stated make sure I give my national acct number so I could get the benes, after this first instance I've never asked again, just go about picking a car the way I do with a traditional National rental. At the gate, I then show my National card along with DL & CC.

iolaire likes this.