Exec Club

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by frequentflyer, Feb 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. frequentflyer

frequentflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had Exec level through AMEX Platinum. Just got downgraded. Called & got an argument from rep. I escalated to a "loyalty" supervisor who had no idea what I was talking about but promised a call in 1 to 2 days. No call, of course. I then tried Nat'l on Twitter. This was frustrating & useless, ending when they wanted me to send my rental contract & day of rental to us service via email AMEX was sympathetic & told me to register again. Does Nat'l expect me to go through this nonsense every year? I cancelled SFO res & booked Hertz, which honors my Plat card status (as do Avis and Starwood).

2. Bluto
    Original Member

Bluto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sweet Willie likes this.
  3. frequentflyer

Status Points:
    Received Exec upgrade in mail yesterday. Renewed online, as I posted, but really...why go through this as AMEX Platinum member?

4. frequentflyer

Status Points:
    Well, they did it to me again. After two calls, Twitter, and re- registering online at AMEX Platinum, I received Exec card & 2-year promise. Then I rented at FLL & contract has me basic member as does my online acc't. Called Nat'l "loyalty" desk & spoke with a nasty rep. After explaining my situation and all the calls he said he'll tell management about the AMEX problem. When I asked about MY problem he said I have to rent the qualifying number of times! I told him no, and for all I've been through I should be given the highest status for a year. He sneered and said I'm not even Exec level so " I'm not giving you Exec Elite." Rather than competing with Hertz and Avis, Nat'l is sinking below the Alamo level and heading right into Enterprise bare bones. Finally, I called corporate in Missouri. Got a call back the day. My online acc't says Exec. Why oh why all this trouble in a program designed to engender loyalty? What did I get out of this? A 3rd choice after Hertz & Avis is what.

5. loaloys

loaloys Active Member

Status Points:
    I've been a emerald exec elite for since they came up with the program and honestly I would not pin high hopes on their knowledge level of these rewards/cross benefit alliances. They're good for anything internal to the company or program...e.g. re-crediting free days if you make a reservation and then cancel or (no-show due to airline delay etc), invoice issues, and the software tracking/granting/redeeming free days promotions... But venture outside National's corporate boundaries and totally different issue... overall though I really enjoy the exec-elite benefits, I'd say only Hertz rewards has the maturity of a real rewards program when dealing with issues of your type. My experiences with others such as Avis is the same as National... good for internal...but external like rewarding airline points vs car rental credits/points.... you are practically on your own when fighting for those benefits... And now that Enterprise owns National, I fully expect things to get worse rather than improve...