Exchange 24000 Choice points for

Discussion in 'Choice | Privileges' started by kyunbit, Apr 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    I apologize if this is not the appropriate forum. Moderators delete this post if it violates terms and conditions. Would anybody be interested in exchanging 24000 Choice points for equivalent hotel points in other programs?

Also do Choice hotels require the person from whose account the points are being redeemed to be available at check-in?

Otherwise, can someone advise me of good transfer options form other programs. Amtrak has a good transfer options but that is reserved only for Amtrak elites AFAIK.

traveler and perryplatypus like this.
  2. traveler
    Original Member

traveler Gold Member

Status Points:

A member may redeem a reward night for an immediate family member (spouse, partner, children, parents, in-laws, brothers and sisters). Immediate family members (spouse, partner, children, parents, in-laws, brothers and sisters) can use the free night even if the member is not occupying the room.​

3. traveler
    Original Member

traveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    They do have some pretty good redemption's in Europe! We are staying 3 nights this May at Clarion Suites Lisbon for 24000 Choice points. Ranked #26 of 212 hotels in Lisbon by tripadvisor. Also noted 8000 points a night hotels in Rome in May.

4. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sure they do. Any way to get Choice points? I missed the Discover America promotions last year.

5. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    kyunbit and 2soonold like this.
  6. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
  7. stan
    Original Member

stan Silver Member

Status Points:
    who does give c.c. to none us citizens ?

8. cvarming
    Original Member

cvarming Silver Member

Status Points:
    Most banks issue credit cards to permanent residents and a lot issues to anyone with good credit. I know that citi and barclay's require permanent residency. Chase, Amex, capital one, and PNC don't care. I would think that covers 90% of all good deals.

9. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do they really? I just looked at the AA Citi application and while it, of course, asks for the SSN, it doesn't seem to ask for residency status.

10. stan
    Original Member

stan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have found if you do not have social security # can not get a credit card in own name , even if you own real estate fully paid for and have bank accounts at chase, citi banks etc -- I believe virgin atlantic is only chance without S.S.# -- if any know of how to get from amex-chase please advise

11. cvarming
    Original Member

cvarming Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had my application rejected without a credit pull as at the time I was not a permanent resident.

A quick look at the terms in the application for one of citi's AA 30k credit cards:
    So I guess they used that to deny me. Also, I seem to remember that there used to be a check box for US citizen or permanent resident, but it looks like that is no longer the case.

12. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I think in this quote the meaning of US resident is simply someone who resides in the US, not necessary lawful permanent residents (aka greencard holders). Could be a student on a visa, as long as they have a SSN and a credit history deemed worthy by Citi.

In fact, it would even exclude US citizens living abroad. Were you living in the US and providing a US address on the application when you were rejected?

13. cvarming
    Original Member

cvarming Silver Member

Status Points:
    At the time I was a non-resident alien living in the US with good credit (US address, SSN, etc). This was at least three or four years ago, so things could have changed. Now I wish I had kept that rejection letter.

14. stan
    Original Member

stan Silver Member

Status Points:
    All banks require a S.S.# and physical U.S. address , if have , can have card sent out of the country

15. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    No worries, I believe you. I am just wondering how they figured out that you weren't a LPR. Based on that checkbox you mentioned, I assume?

16. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Graduate students in the USA on student visas seem to have no problem getting some sort of credit cards, probably Visa and MasterCard with initially moderate credit limits. If they have assistantships at their universities, they would have part time jobs and social security numbers as well as a physical residence address.

17. B1BomberVB

B1BomberVB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Kyunbit, do you HAVE 24K Choice to get rid of, or do you WANT 24K Choice?