EWR SEA

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Oct 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    EWR SEA 0915am Sunday flight is this usually elite heavy? I do have an RPU I could apply.

2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's usually elite-heavy out of Newark no matter what day of the week it is.

3. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Of course the OP is talking about flights *to* Seattle, not out of Seattle.

Either way - super elite heavy and hard for upgrades. Sunday morning would be better than any Sunday afternoon/evening flight. But if you have an RPU there's almost no better domestic flight to use it on except for JFK-SFO/LAX. I'd use it if you think it's really worth an upgrade on that flight. 1K gives you a decent chance of getting it.

The only thing you have to watch is UA now flies the A320 from EWR to SEA which is disgusting if you ask me. If you're on one of those an RPU is a no-brainer.

-RM

sfo1 and Wandering Aramean like this.
  4. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    At this point it is a 737-800

5. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    If it's a 20-seater then you may want to hold off. 16 seater and you should use the RPU now IMO.

-RM

sfo1 likes this.
  6. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    16 seater, but not going until late March so may hold off awhile, I do have one other flight that I was considering, BOG IAH SFO YVR but odd flight times in between meal services, so don't know whether I want to use it just for a better seat. 737-700 to 737-800 to A319