EWR Lounge Options

Discussion in 'EWR/LGA/JFK/ISP/HPN/SWF | NYC Area Airports' started by LarryInNYC, Aug 2, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have a 9:05 flight on United (Business/First) this Monday from EWR to LHR. I also have Priority Pass Select through the Prestige card. We're a family of four with teenagers.

Are there any decent lounge options? In particular, I would like to eat before the flight so I can sleep as much as possible; are there any lounges with something approaching food?

8MiHi likes this.
  2. Laptop Nomad

Laptop Nomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I take it that you will be in the C concourse. If so there is a united club at 129 and at gate 75 I think. The food is not that good, just some cheese, and crackers. Hope this helps.

3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm...A family of 4 with PP Select intending to eat before a TATL flight does not sound to me like a formula for United Club. In fact, since EWR is in the US and not in Asia, where lounges generally serve "real food", this does not sound like a formula for any US airport lounge. Rather, you might check out this guide on where to eat at EWR, and then with a full stomach you might consider looking for a lounge that would let you in with PP Select because the United Club won't.

P.S. I see that you will be traveling in F/C, so you should be able to gain access to UC based on your class of service...again, after having eaten elsewhere.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    Newscience and 8MiHi like this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nothing worth caring about. The two UClubs are fine but I wouldn't go out of my way to get there. And nothing else in that terminal.

Spend the cash getting a real meal in the terminal. Or before you go to the airport.

In theory you can enter the B terminal and go in to the LH or SK lounges there which have better food but the extra TSA plus terminal switch isn't worth it just to get a lounge meal IMO.

5. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    PP Select isn't going to get you into the two UC lounges in Terminal C. However, I see from the link below that United Business First should get each of you in.
    I generally find the lounge near Gate 74 to be more comfortable when there are seats, but the UC near Security C-2, while still very crowded, is more likely to be able to accommodate you.
    https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/airport/lounge/access.aspx
    PP Select will get you into the Arts & Lounge in terminal B.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  6. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Both lounges have the makings for a decent, if basic, breakfast.
    Other meals may not work as well: Soup (usually vegetable), dinner rolls and a cheese and meat offering appropriate for a Cocktail reception.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015