eVIP Giveaway

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by noam, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. noam
    Original Member

noam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, here is the deal. I have an eVIP that expires at the end of February. I have no long flights scheduled before the end of the month, so I'm willing to give this away to a deserving individual. To help out the new forum, I have decided to post this here. Feel free to tell others about it, but they must post here to try to win.

Much like Randy, I won't be publishing my algorithm for deciding the winner. It will include the distance traveled, the class of service you would be stuck in otherwise, and how "likeable" your post was to the community and to me. It may include other factors as well. :)

*** PLEASE NOTE: While I have no way to enforce this, I would prefer to give this to someone who has no eVIPs of their own to use. Please don't post if you already have an eVIP you could use to upgrade yourself. ***

The rules will follow in the next post...

ord1kflyer, mickc and cxn like this.
  2. noam
    Original Member

noam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here are the "rules":

1) The flight you want to upgrade must be on AA metal and have an AA flight number.

2) The flight must have available upgrade inventory. This means C inventory if you want to upgrade from Economy and A inventory if you want to upgrade from Business. If you don't know how to look this up (e.g. Expertflyer), you can call AA and ask if there is available inventory to use a system wide upgrade from a friend.

3) As long as it has available upgrade inventory, it does not matter when the flight is as long as it is ticketed already. I can apply the eVIP to a flight beyond February as long as it actually goes through this month.

4) I have a friend who will be flying across the Atlantic and could use this upgrade, so I'm looking for someone on a single flight of more than 5000 miles.

5) I'll keep this open until Friday at midnight EDT and then review and give away the eVIP on Saturday.

6) All submissions must be done on this thread so I have one place to look.

7) Post your flight's date, flight number, and start/end airport codes. I will use this to double check the upgrade inventory availability before I pick a winner.

IMH, skit53, serfty and 5 others like this.
  3. noam
    Original Member

noam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow... Can't say I was expecting this to go over twelve hours without a single person throwing their hat in the ring. No one has a long AA flight booked or is everyone an EXP themselves? :)

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    AA is holding that award inventory pretty close to departure time, so it might be hard for someone to have available space on their flight. ExpertFlyer tells me nothing is currently available for my upcoming Europe trips :). Also, your 5000 mile requirement limits the routings quite a bit. Only west coast to Europe or US - Asia routings qualify if you live in a hub.....

5. serfty
    Original Member

serfty Silver Member

Status Points:
    C class tends to become available or increase around 316 days out from a flight. It may be C4, C2 or even C0 and jump to C7, C5 or C2.

For Feb 10 you would be looking at Dec 22; Feb 28th then Jan 10.

6. girlsmom
    Original Member

girlsmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Noam --
    I think I qualify:
    March 2nd, AA flt 3778, PEK-ORD. We're in economy (traveling with the Mr.) now. :-(
    There is upgrade availability.

I'm working my way to the 1MM mark (around 1/2way there) so I can become lifetime gold. I never get a chance to upgrade so this would be really cool if I got it. And on such a long trip, I think coach is going to be brutal.
    Wondering what I'd do if I get the upgrade since I'm traveling with Mr. Girlsmom too? With a 14 hour flight, I'd take the first 7 hours and give him the seat the 2nd half of the flight. :) . That's of course assuming the flight attendants allow it -- if they don't we'll have to flip a coin (or maybe he'll be nice to me and let me fly upfront. This trip is a birthday present for me -- a "special" birthday, actually.

7. bluesky
    Original Member

bluesky Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice offer!

Sorry you can't use it, but good on you for sharing with the new MP community :)

8. serfty
    Original Member

serfty Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dec 20, 2011 TPA-[AA1786]-JFK-[AA135]-HND, or
    Dec 23, 2011 NRT-[AA168]-JFK-[AA1787]-TPA

The Japan flights have C7/C2 and the domestic connections are both A5 so a SWU would apply to either 'one-way' routing.

The two segment path are both over 7749 miles (http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=TPA-JFK-HND,NRT-JFK-TPA).

9. noam
    Original Member

noam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Giving the thread a bump to make sure people who could benefit know about it...

10. serfty
    Original Member

serfty Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, I have had to reschedule the above travel. [​IMG]

Thankyou very much for the offer noam [​IMG]

11. noam
    Original Member

noam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can you double check your flight number? Might it be AA186 instead?

12. skit53
    Original Member

skit53 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm quite surprised also! Thank you very much for the generosity.

Unfortunately, my flight meets the criteria, except it doesn't have C inventory available.

13. girlsmom
    Original Member

girlsmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm so dumb. Yes, it is flt AA 186. On March 2nd. PEK-ORD
    I gave you my ORD-DCA flight # instead that comes right after flt 186 on that same day. Look -- I'm jetlagged already just thinking of the experience! :)

14. noam
    Original Member

noam Silver Member

Status Points:
    One more day to go... Right now my decision is an easy one, since girlsmom is the only one flying anywhere amongst all of us frequent flyers. :)

girlsmom likes this.
  15. yousavvy

yousavvy Silver Member

Status Points:
    noam, great use of an expiring evip :) I have a trip in February from ORD to GRU with a few connections,,,, however,,, I am an EXP, and it seems like girlsmom has a compelling use :) If it doesn't work out for her trip for some reason, let me know :)

16. noam
    Original Member

noam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will do. :)

17. girlsmom
    Original Member

girlsmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks yousavvy!

18. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, very generous of you and quite a creative use of an eVIP! But, perhaps your friend is more deserving? Just asking. Either way, donating a VIP is very nice of you.

19. noam
    Original Member

noam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Alrighty... Looks like my fancy algorithm isn't needed after all. One qualifying entry, one winner, makes my job easy.

Congrats girlsmom! I'll PM conversation you to get your details so I can call in the upgrade to AA.

20. girlsmom
    Original Member

girlsmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Noam!!!!!!
    I am awed by your willingness to share.
    You are the best example of the generosity and spirit of the new MP. And If the way this community has started out is any indication of what the future will hold for MP -- it's a great beginning!
    I'll head over to our "conversation"!

pnoeric likes this.
  21. noam
    Original Member

noam Silver Member

Status Points:
    My pleasure. PEK-ORD-DCA is a much better use than anything I could muster up this late. The upgrade is cleared on both flights.

22. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did Mr. girlsmom get upgraded also? If not, I might be able to help out.

23. noam
    Original Member

noam Silver Member

Status Points:
    I only upgraded one of them.

24. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yikes, that needs more love. 2 eVips right?

girlsmon: is there upgrade availbility for Mr. girlsmom?

Send me all the information in a conversation that you sent to noam, and include Mr. girlsmoms name. I can do this tomorrow, then I leave for London. I'll be back on 2/22 so could do it then, but would prefer it be done sooner.

cockpitvisit and gemac like this.
  25. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    have contacted girlsmom via "conversation". Just realized she only needs one eVip, so I will have another left if anyone is interested.

cockpitvisit likes this.