eVIP (expiring Feb 29, 2012) to MP member - hurry

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by neuatomic, Feb 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. neuatomic
    Original Member

neuatomic Silver Member

Status Points:
    EDIT: The eVIP is now gone. Thanks again to the very generous benolaa!

In the spirit of benolaa's giveaway (and since I am the beneficiary of his generosity) I would like to offer my last eVIP to any MP member who can use it prior to the end of the month. The segment applied must occur before the end of Feb 29th. Start a conversation with me to reserve.

No min mileage, but please don't make me apply it to a short-hop - it would make me feel too guilty!

IF no takers, I will donate it to a random and hopefully worthwhile stranger at ORD this Sunday, Feb 26th so act fast! First come, first served.

2. beaktor

beaktor Silver Member

Status Points:
    I only have a two SFO ORD mileage runs and my flight back from SFO to Austin this weekend. I'd feel guilty using an eVIP for something like that.

I'm sure you can find a taker here for an international trip! Otherwise... Let me know last minute and I won't let it go to waste. :)

3. neuatomic
    Original Member

neuatomic Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks-I was offline all last night, but I've had two inquiries. I'm waiting to hear back from the first so its likely it will be taken at this point, but if not I'll let you know immediately.

beaktor and Skye1 like this.
  4. neuatomic
    Original Member

neuatomic Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's now gone and the thread can be closed. Thanks again to benolaa!!

5. ma91pmh
    Original Member

ma91pmh Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have one too that I am trying to give away, but I refuse to use on anything domestic (hey I have to put up with coach so y'all can too lol). I am trying through FT and to make my life easier I'd rather you respond to me through that channel, but if I know you are an MPer and an FTer I am likely to be more flexible. I am hoping to help someone flying to my home town of London, but if I can be convinced it's a good home I'd be open to other TPAC or TATL destinations. The restrictions I talk about on FT are due to the fact that FT's Coupon Connection is infested with brokers and/or people who think they can trade eVIPs for like 1 SPG. So I'd rather just donate to someone facing a long haul that I have suffered myself in the past!

In similar vein to OP if I can't find a taker I will be at JFK again next week and will just wander around the gate looking for a "victim" :)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...anyone-flying-lhr-2-25-26-a.html#post18080090

druiddation and beaktor like this.
  6. AA_EXP09

AA_EXP09 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Especially if the stickers are only worth $240 on that.
    And for me, that upgrade is 100% free.
    (hence my name)

7. naiffareed

naiffareed Member

Status Points:
    My parents will be traveling on March 16 on AA from BOS-LHR and then connecting on Gulf Air from there.. I was wondering if their AA flight could be upgraded by any chance..

8. naiffareed

naiffareed Member

Status Points:
    I am currently a 1K on United but have no status with AA...

9. ma91pmh
    Original Member

ma91pmh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not by me. I am dropping down to Exp 2/29 and I have already been told by EXP desk has to be actually used by 2/29. I think for re qualified EXPs they can sometimes make exceptions

Still available to anyone with plans on or before 2/29

naiffareed and neuatomic like this.
  10. neuatomic
    Original Member

neuatomic Silver Member

Status Points:
    That was exactly my problem. Had not re-qual'd for EXP and they absolutely refused to allow the use of my last eVIP on March 2. Thus I had to give it away here for a flight prior to Feb 29, and was lucky enough to benefit greatly from benolaa's original offer.

11. ma91pmh
    Original Member

ma91pmh Silver Member

Status Points:
    mine is gone, a lucky milepointer can enjoy c class tonight on gru-mia, a grueling trip at the best of times

i am really surprised advertising this on ft anywhere from us to lhr over a weekend... must have been a few thousand flyers and not one of them on ft or milepoint. makes me think we are a small part of the flying world after all!

naiffareed likes this.
  12. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    If anyone is still in the hunt for some upgrade instruments, you might have missed that there's a contest running here: LINK. Hopefully you can outwit and outlast to win! ;)