Everything is getting rebranded

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Infinite1K, Oct 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Even the rope lines:

[​IMG]

DCA Rob, AZjohn, JohnDeere19 and 3 others like this.
  2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    That has been a change for a while. Even though they hadn't really done any serious rebranding at LAX 2 weeks ago when I flew through there, all of the ropes for the premium lobby had been rebranded, as well as the premium security line.

3. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    From the OP pics above, glad to see that something is still made in the USA

4. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    And if they have a good marketing team, they will get ABC to feature their support of American companies on their news shows.

chrislacey, mht_flyer, sfo1 and 2 others like this.
  5. HeathrowGuy
    Original Member

HeathrowGuy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, The COurageous Leader has singularly inspired all employee cadres of the New United to do everything necessary to present the unified brand systemwide as quickly as practicable.

6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think that's a good idea. Sure, it seems like spending money on new paint and new signs and everything else can be a little silly, especially when the the labor contracts still need to be resolved and there are a host of other seemingly more important issues. But creating a cohesive brand helps promote the sense that it's one company, which can help facilitate those other efforts.

I've been involved in a few student groups in college and grad school. I'm chair of a committee right now because no one else wanted the job. The first things I did were to throw out all the old names from the listserv, rewrite and consolidate the obsolete job descriptions, and design a new budget that accounted for how we actually spent our money. Then I went to the four people responsible for advertising and managing our web site and told them to come up with a common design theme so it wouldn't actually look like four people were in charge. None of the committee's practices had been revised for four years, but doing so made everything look more professional and I think really improved their morale.

sfo1 and HeathrowGuy like this.
  7. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not to mention the fact that merger-related integration costs (including rebranding) are a different category of expense from an accounting perspective as compared to the items you note.