Every time someone replies to a conversation I get an email.....

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Spangenberg, Feb 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Spangenberg
    Original Member

Spangenberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Every time someone replies to a conversation that I'm having, I get an email. I realize this is to inform you of new messages, but I check the site on a daily basis so this is not needed. I looked through the profile and alert/contact settings, but I cant seem to see anyway to turn the email notification off.

Help?

2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    http://milepoint.com/forums/account/contact-details
    Look for the checkbox that says "Receive email when a new conversation message is received"

Spangenberg and lin821 like this.
  3. jneugeba
    Original Member

jneugeba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had to go digging for it too. I wish there would be a choice to get an email when someone starts the conversation, but not every time someone replies.

4. Spangenberg
    Original Member

Spangenberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I must have overlooked that.

Thx!

Tenmoc likes this.
  5. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It's hidden. I did a post a while back, hope it's being archived into a user guide, tracking down the different locations for alerts and e-mails.

6. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    The problem is that I want to be able to opt in for email notification for a new conversation, but if 5 others are invited into the conversation and I'm not actually interested in it, there's not a way for me to opt out of that conversation only. Instead, I get an email for every response from everyone else involved.

7. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    it's about the same as regular e-mails- if someone replies and adds three more people to the c.c. list, and then they reply, you get the e-mails. We don't have a b.c.c. feature in conversations, although that could be interesting (but it would lose transparency, creating greater problems).

8. jackal
    Original Member

jackal Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's really no different than PM notifications on FT (or any other vB forum). As long as you're listed as a recipient, you'll get the email notification of a new PM, whether you want to or not.

I suppose the main difference might be that Conversations here seem to be used more than PMs were on FT, leading to more email notices...maybe?

SC Flier and Gargoyle like this.