Ever sell your car on E Bay?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dhammer53, Mar 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    A friend of mine was bragging that he sold his car on E Bay. Who would be dumb enough to buy a car that way? From what I understand, lots of people do this. :eek:

Some of you may know how much I dislike my 2002 V W passat. Well, push came to shove last week when my mechanic told me the car needed $2000 worth of work... and that was on top of $1500 6 months ago. :mad:

My wife and daughter thought I was bluffing. They loved the V W (because they didn't have to aggrevate the way I do). The Jewish expression is eat your kishkas out. :D :D

I placed an eBay ad earlier in the week. I received several responses. One person was seriously interested. I told him the low down. I had to be honest since I enjoy a good nights sleep. Minutes ago, my 2002 V W passat was put on a flatbed rig. So long dear friend. :rolleyes:

SC Flier, DrG and Horse like this.
  2. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know someone who buys many of his vehicles through ebay. He has no complaints. I also know people who buy and sell quads on ebay motors. I'm looking for another one myself.

3. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife's brother has purchased two trucks via ebay from a guy in Houston, TX. Both times he waited for a weekend last minute direct flight on CO that cost about $129 round trip. He flew to Houston, checked out the truck, then drove the nine hours back to Alabama. If the truck was not as advertised, he could just fly back home.

Both purchases worked out well for him.

4. DrG
    Original Member

DrG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am seriously considering the eBay route currently. My plan is to take the car to Carmax to see how much they will give me for the vehicle. If their offer is less than desirable, at least I know what to set the reserve at. The Carmax offer will be valid for 7 days.

5. swisshera
    Original Member

swisshera Silver Member

Status Points:
    I actually bought a car from ebay a few years ago. I do sell things regularly on ebay (clothings, not car) for the past 10 years. I regretted so much from buying the car on ebay though. The car was basically a lemon even though I bought it from a local dealer. It was a BMW 325i and it was my first car. I went all the way spent 7 hours to get there and get a lemon - sad!

6. annerj
    Original Member

annerj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I sold a 68 (69?) mustang a few years ago.
    I've bought a Yamaha 660 Griz four wheeler
    I've bought 2 snowmobiles/trailer
    I've bought Ford Excursion (ebay but it was a dealer)

7. annerj
    Original Member

annerj Silver Member

Status Points:
    What are you looking for? The guy I bought from is located Colorado/Kansas but I'd recommend him highly!

8. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the NorthEast, so CO/KS would be out of my range.

In the market for a Yamaha YFZ450R or maybe the Raptor 700R.