Ever hear of http://flightfox.com/

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by KyRoamer, Jul 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    It claims to have experts compete for a fee to find you the best price on airfare. Nothing is due unless you save money, etc.

@flightfox started following me on Twitter. So I looked at its site and it seemed legit but I did not try it.

Sites like this concern me as possible scams. @flightfox has over 17,000 twitter followers (maybe all Facebook investors!!!) but that doesn't make it legit.

Anyone know if this is a reputable site?

Its FAQ says

But I saw no place to ask for help on points.

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    They just started following me in twitter, but I have not been onto look into their details.

3. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    rwoman likes this.
  4. flightfox

flightfox Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi everyone,

Flightfox launched in Janurary, since then we've had around 2,000 customers save money on their flights. Something we are pretty proud of for a young business.

For those who are interested in the story about Flightfox, we recently had an article written up about us in lifehacker - http://lifehacker.com/5884614/fligh...re-search-to-save-you-a-ton-of-time-and-money

I'm not here to try and sell everybody on Flightfox, because, to be honest it's like selling an oil change to a mechanic.

But if you've got any questions or feedback, including how to become an expert I'll all ears. If you'd rather have a private conversation, you can message us too.

Cheers,
    Liam @Flightfox

5. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    vaguely heard of it and have never used it.

6. HouseofV

HouseofV Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm one of their "experts." The site is legit. They are a startup and are doing everything to please the customers. If you don't like your options or found nothing new/helpful, you can simply ask for a refund.

Just keep in mind we spend a lot of time looking for those super good deals and will explain you how to book. Sometimes you can get the same deal by yourself, while other times you didn't think consider a route or connections to get you there. That's where our craftiness comes in.

Flightfox is simply sub-contracting "experts." Crowd-sourcing.

Liam over here is taking over as Flightfox's online "presence." Like he said, they are all ears so feel free to ask anything.