Even Babies Have a Ritzy Place to Sleep at The Ritz-Carlton Cancun

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by uggboy, Aug 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even Babies Have a Ritzy Place to Sleep at The Ritz-Carlton Cancun:);)

[​IMG]
    Everyone altogether say, "Awwwwwwwwww."
    Yes, that is one of the brand-new baby hotel "rooms" that the Ritz-Carlton Cancun has begun offering for guests who won't let the arrival of a little one stop their jet-setting ways.
    The Itzy, Bitzy Ritz Kids rooms are actually ocean view deluxe rooms inside the hotel but outfitted with baby-centric amenities to resemble a home nursery such as:

A safety-approved crib; a changing table over the chest of drawers; a television armoire positioned so as not to disturb baby at naptime; miniature hangars in the closet to fit an infant’s wardrobe; and a telephone programmed to light up, not ring.​

Even the Do Not Disturb sign gets the baby treatment saying "Shh, Baby Sleeping" so that folks passing by might heed the sign and lower their voices. (And if you see this sign, you really should lower your voice. You don't not want the wrath of parent who has tried for an hour to get the baby to sleep.)

And if you're thinking of taking a Mexican vacay with the kiddays, the hotel is also offering another type of family-friendly incentive now with their Stay Four Nights Pay Only For Three offer starting at $249 per night with kids under 12 staying and eating free as part of the Ritz Kids Meal plan.
    But if you plan on booking an Itzy Bitzy Ritz Kids room, you should book well in advance as there are only three of them in total.

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2...tzy_Place_to_Sleep_at_The_Ritz_Carlton_Cancun

rwoman likes this.
  2. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is awesome! There is such a large market of families traveling with young ones, that I really hope this is a concept that catches on. While it is improving, it is hard to find hotels that even have cribs that meet the current safety standards. A whole room worth of baby ammenities is awesome!

A little research relealved that this Ritz has actually had these rooms for at least a couple of yeasr now. They seem to have other great child-centered ammenities and service in addition to the Itzy Bitzy rooms. If I had a Cancun family trip in my future, I would absolutely give very strong consideration to staying at the Ritz in one of those rooms. Well done.

uggboy likes this.
  3. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    The original post is a press release from the hotel, I presume? Certainly any real luxury hotel should have no problems accommodating babies in safe surroundings -- in any room, not just three specially equipped ones out of the entire room stock!

uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I really hope it catches on with many other hotels and chains too!:)

5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Usually we would think so, but many hotels underestimate the potential in this market and the need to cater for them in a proper and welcoming way!;)

mommypoints likes this.
  6. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    now, lets hope the room is soundproof! :p (as I quickly duck!) ;)

sent this to my sis-in-law who is expecting, I am sure she will love it!

uggboy likes this.
  7. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    No ducking required. Babies can be loud. It is so stressful to have a baby who is crying in a hotel room. Not only is it stressful because the baby is upset, but because you know you are disturbing others in the middle of the night. I think everyone would be in favor of sound-proofing! :)

uggboy and canucklehead like this.
  8. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    :p

9. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    :)

10. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    The material portions of this program are standard in substantially all luxury hotels. I find Four Seasons as a chain overall handles little ones better, but the differences are at the margin.

uggboy likes this.
  11. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    So can some people having sex. I had a professional quality couple next door to me at the RC Cleveland two or so years ago.

Soundproofing isn't just for babies.