EVA and United team up to co-share flights

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sobore, Aug 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.traveldailynews.com/pages/show_page/50827-EVA-and-United-team-up-to-co-share-flights

EVA Air and United Airlines will introduce co-shared services on August 11, 2012. Initially, the new cooperation enables EVA passengers to more easily connect from Asia to Midwestern and Southern regions of the United States and those flying United from Cleveland and Houston to more readily access Pacific Rim destinations. The airlines will extend these co-shared services to more domestic and international destinations in the future, making it increasingly convenient for passengers to connect between the respective global networks.

To start, the new co-share applies to United flights from Cleveland and Houston to EVA’s three West Coast gateways, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle. EVA flies between Taipei and the three West Coast cities daily, providing as many as 35 flights a week. EVA codes will be carried by United-operated flights on Cleveland-Los Angeles, Cleveland-San Francisco, Houston-Los Angeles, Houston-San Francisco and Houston-Seattle routes. Both airlines’ passengers now have the convenience of one-ticket connections and through-checked luggage from these routes to EVA’s destinations throughout Asia and China.

Read More: http://www.traveldailynews.com/pages/show_page/50827-EVA-and-United-team-up-to-co-share-flights

HiIslands, booyaa, LETTERBOY and 2 others like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Code share. Not co-share.

3. lightangel

lightangel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Eva is joining *A, this code share may only be a start. Would like to see some HKG-TPE flights operated by EVA as United code share. For now, at least people flying to TPE on UA ticket do not have to stop in NRT any more.

Flyer1976 and uggboy like this.
  4. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Isn't UA re-starting the SFO-TPE nonstop route again? That could make sense if there will be onward code share connections at TPE

5. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    wait isnt AA & EVA code-sharing already?

LETTERBOY likes this.
  6. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    One would think that would stop once they join *A.

edekba likes this.
  7. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    yeah but i don think Eva will join on 8/11/12. Thus I dont get it... I mean i guess you can have codeshares with both AA/UA on an Eva flight.

8. voh2ox2

voh2ox2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can I use my united number on Eva?

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
  10. voh2ox2

voh2ox2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I will try.