EVA Air 773 Business Class - Review

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Jul 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Recently traveled in business on an EVA 773 and will be taking the return trip in a few days. Very nice new product which is very comfortable. The lay flat seat seems like it will stand up well over time but the only complaint I have in the reverse herringbone layout is that since the feet get tucked into a cubby, it's a little claustrophobic for the feet. The food was decent as I ordered the Asian options as well as ordering Asian snacks... definitely not as good as you'll find on the ground in Taiwan but that's a tough bar to meet. The service was very courteous and willing to please but is the type that responds rather than stalks the cabin to anticipate needs.

The entertainment is quite extensive and will keep you entertained throughout your flight.... unless you are someone in Hollywood who has seen all the movies. Even then, there were some documentaries and other TV programs that were fun to watch.... Anthony Bourdain in Taipei was a great one. The slippers were pretty much standard and unfortunately, not pajamas. On the plus side, maybe a huge plus to some of you, is the Rimowa amenity kit in EVA's dark green. Really like the case with the look, feel but the contents are hit & miss. The lotions from HARNN (a Thai company) are a lip treatment and body souffle which seem to be really nice. Of course, there's a part of me which wonders why a Taiwanese company wasn't utilized but at least they do have one shop in Taipei where you can cash in your coupon for a free 30ml body wash and 10% off store wide. Other items included are the typical toothbrush/toothpaste, socks w/ treads and eye mask. None of these are anything special but they rarely are. The case by itself and the lotions are what I care about and in this matter, EVA has made me a very happy camper.

All in all, I prefer slightly more space for my feet when I sleep but other than that, it was a great flight, great entertainment and of course, the amenity kit is a keeper.