European Airlines with the Best Food

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by sobore, Jan 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.foodworldnews.com/articles/3442/20130118/european-airlines-best-food.htm

[​IMG]

Skyscanner has released its second annual study of the best on-board food. Pegasus Airlines, SAS and KLM have been rated as the best European airlines.

Over 550 European travelers and bloggers participated as food critics in Skyscanner’s second annual study of the quality of on-board culinary offerings.

The survey was broken into three categories: Top 5 Low-cost Airline Food, Top 5 Short-haul Airline Food, and Top 5 Long-haul Airline Food.

In the low-cost airline category, Pegasus claimed the number one position, followed by Flybe and Monarch. In the short-haul category, Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) was ranked as the number one. Germany’s Lufthansa came in second place, followed by Turkish Airlines, last year’s winner. In the long-haul category, Dutch airline KLM was rated as the best, followed by Aeroflot and SAS.

Read More: http://www.foodworldnews.com/articles/3442/20130118/european-airlines-best-food.htm

skyvan and uggboy like this.
  2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll agree with Pegasus, actually had decent fare on the one flight I flew with them. I'll add Turkish though. In fact behind DL and the satay on MH I'd put TK at the top. As for KL, though I love their service, I do find their menus often too "fancy" and not to my liking but when I do like what they are serving I'm usually quite happy with the food.
    As for worst food I'd go with LTU back when they flew LAX-DUS (well they still fly it now but under the Air Berlin brand).

sobore likes this.