Europe (CDG or nearby) to East Coast (YUL or nearby) in August

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by ma91pmh, May 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ma91pmh
    Original Member

ma91pmh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Trying to put together a trip in the summer... apologies to members of both tribes but I already put the request on FT but I know some of the experts are focused here now so posting here too in hope of some help

I am trying to book a trip for 4 of us in J from YUL-CDG. I can find plenty of outbound availability but cannot find a SINGLE day coming back. Relatively flexible on date could do around 9th-13th of August. SkyTeam has wide open availability on Air France, OneWorld same on BA. But we can get out on AC with nice J product and I'd like to ideally combine that with a return and possibly some creative stopovers.

I have tried CDG-all East Coast hubs. No luck. Then FRA, MUC, ZRH-YUL no luck. FRA, MUC, ZRH-East Coast hubs. No luck. It seems I just cannot find anything. Quite disappointed with *A availability for multi-passengers. Both of their competing alliances have plenty of availability so I don't buy any peak season stories. There must be some *A plane going with a half empty J cabin from somewhere near Paris to somewhere near Montreal no? We would be willing to split it up into two if need be and flights are close, e.g. tried looking for availability on two separate FRA-IAD/JFK/ORD combos. Still no luck. Very flexible on carrier as long as we are in J

Also can anyone shed light on why KVS tool (via ANA) does not show the availability on AC but Aeroplan.com and Continental.com both do? I am mostly a ST/OW guy so less familiar with tools of the trade here in *A

2. ma91pmh
    Original Member

ma91pmh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anybody?

The only one I found so far was FRA-BOS available on one day but doesn't get in until 8:30pm making it impossible to onward connect without over night in Boston

Is availability really this bad on *A?

3. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It seems like *A has really cut down on award availability lately. Even at 330 days out. I know that LH and UA have reconfigured many aircraft and reduced the number of F and C seats on many of the flights. This has led them to reduce the number of award seats. For example, the LH 744 aircraft now have 8 F seats instead of 16. Also, LH is not releasing ANY *A F awards on the A380 aircraft.