Europe but where????

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by TheAustralianBeecham, Sep 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TheAustralianBeecham

TheAustralianBeecham New Member

I have noticed that London is not on travel and leisure's best cities but Florence and Rome and Paris are? Is London not people's favourite city for a reason? Is there a reason why those cities are? and places like Bangkok and Istanbul is? while it is in Africa I notice Cape Town is in the list ? I just do not understand why London is not ?
    Sweet Willie, uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  2. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Hmmmm, maybe because of very "efficient" traffic, very "efficient" and user-friendly (not!) public transport, great prices (for a seller, that is) of transport and accomodation,... good food (that only English people can eat)... :p
    uggboy, anileze and Kalboz like this.
  3. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Welcome to MilePoint, TheAustralianBeecham! :) Have you been to London?
    uggboy and anileze like this.
  4. anileze

anileze Gold Member

And don't forget great weather, and 24 hours of subways (or whatever it is called - ;) )
    uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  5. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

London, like any big city is very hectic, nearly all year round! It accommodates to tourists as there is so much to do and see, but the problem as I stated, is that it is always so busy everywhere you go. If you were planning on going, avoid the weekends! If you're going to do anything do it mid week, this avoids at the very least a lot of people who will be in work. London's great for the west end, restaurants, and many other activities - Buckingham Palace, Madame Tussauds, London Eye..etc! As well as free art gallery's and museums, Tate, National History Museum, Science Museum. The public transport is unpredictable, in one way it's good as you can get all around London and when the tubes are running it's fine, on the other hand if there are works and lines closed down it can become a bit of a mission to get from A-B. The weather is not something to go to London for, unless you enjoy the cold. It is just completely up to you what you are after! It would be a great place to go at Christmas, at least that way you expect the cold!
    uggboy likes this.