EUR11: Earn Bonus Miles on Certain Fare Classes TATL

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, Sep 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Announced and making the rounds today, but I figured we should post on MP in case any questions or comments pop up.

LINK.

Simply fly a transatlantic round-trip on an eligible fare** on American Airlines, British Airways or Iberia between September 19 and December 31, 2011. To qualify, register prior to travel at www.aa.com/offers using promotion code EUR11. You'll earn 25,000 AAdvantage bonus miles with your first round trip. The more you fly, the more bonus miles you earn – with no maximum! With all three airlines participating, you'll have three times the opportunity to earn the bonus miles!

1st Flight: 25K
    2nd Flight: 35K
    3rd Flight and beyond: 45K

Bonus applies to travel in purchased First Class, Business Class and Full-Fare Economy Class fares booked in Y, B and H (and equivalent booking codes on British Airways and Iberia)

Terms & Conditions:

*MileSAAver® Economy Class round-trip award within the Continental U.S. or Canada, or an off-peak award between the U.S. and Mexico or the Caribbean. AAdvantage member and/or passenger is responsible for all taxes and fees. Taxes and fees include (a) a federal excise tax of $3.60 per U.S. domestic flight segment, defined as one takeoff and landing, of a passenger's itinerary; (b) up to $18 per round trip in local airport charges; and (c) September 11th Security Fee of $2.50 per enplanement originating at a U.S. airport. For international and Puerto Rico/U.S. Virgin Islands destinations, government taxes and fees of up to $260 apply, varying by destination.

**Includes First Class, Business Class or full-fare Economy Class fares booked in F, A, J, R, D, I, Y, B or H on American Airlines operated flights; on British Airways operated flights, fares booked in First Class, Club World, World Traveller Plus or full-fare World Traveler: F, A, J, R, C, D, I, W, E, T, Y, B or H; on Iberia operated flights, fares booked in Business Class or full-fare Economy Class: J, C, D, R, I or Y.

Registration prior to travel is required. AAdvantage bonus mile offer is valid on American Airlines, British Airways and Iberia operated and/or marketed nonstop flights for round-trip travel between the U.S. and Europe, September 19, 2011, through December 31, 2011. Offer applies only to AAdvantage members who are U.S. residents and who purchase and fly on eligible published-fare tickets. Flights operated by other codeshare partners are not eligible for this promotion. A round trip is defined as travel in the same purchased booking class for both the departure and the return transatlantic flight segments. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification. All government imposed taxes and fees associated with the award ticket are the responsibility of the AAdvantage member and/or passenger, and depend on itinerary. AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, MileSAAver and AA.com are marks of American Airlines, Inc. Schedules subject to change without notice. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage program with six months' notice. Visit aa.com/aadvantage for details. oneworld is a mark of the oneworld Alliance, LLC. ©2011 American Airlines, Inc. All rights reserved. ©2011 British Airways PLC.

rwoman and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. aussieflyer
    Original Member

aussieflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice promo if youre going anyway but even with the cheap fares doesnt seem to make sense just for the miles.
    Or does it?

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Honestly I haven't put much thought into it. LOL.

I'm a low fare traveler for my leisure activities, so I know I won't be buying at any of those fare levels.

My work travel is all Y fares, but I only travel within the Midwest for work, so this promo doesn't apply to me.

4. aussieflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Mileage running for lifetime status may be worth it even if cpm doesn't exactly seem so favourable.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure there are quite a few hardcore lifetime status seekers who will be looking at this as a possibility, particularly since it's unlimited.

In fact I'm gonna post in that thread with a link.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  6. aussieflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If you start now, you could probably get from 0 to Lifetime Platinum.
    If you have that type of money sitting around and you are very bored.

miles and smiles and JohnDeere19 like this.
  7. SpecialK
    Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

Status Points:
    This includes "H" and above so those on the cheapie (I use that term lightly) fares are out of luck. :(

We just booked some "I" class tickets last Friday for Thanksgiving so fortunately are eligible. I almost booked I outbound, O return so sorta glad I didn't end up doing that. Made the CPM I spent a bit more worth it - .089 vs .043, although CPMs were not used to justify this trip. :)

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  8. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately, this weekend's LHR-BOS-LHR trip is a low fare class. However, in November, I should be on one of the higher fare buckets and get the bonus.
    :)robin

9. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only thing I'm wondering is if I'll be able to use it on an ex-LHR ticket...I am a US resident, so who knows! :)

10. AmericanAirlines

AmericanAirlines Official Representative

Status Points:
    rwoman - As long as you're a US resident and meet the other terms in the offer, then you're eligible to participate in the promotion.

JohnDeere19 and rwoman like this.
  11. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I book something like JFK-LHR-JFK-SFO, will I still earn the promotion miles?

12. BrewerSEA

BrewerSEA Silver Member

Status Points:
    That should be fine. I earned the bonus miles with an LAX-LHR A fare and LHR-DFW I fare which were separate tickets. :)

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  13. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great, thanks for the heads up!

14. PantyWaster

PantyWaster Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like BA has a Club World sale going on. Fly from a US hub to London, Manchester, or Edinburgh starting at $2012 all-in. Looks like you can actually start in HNL and get that rate starting 12/19. You would be Coach from HNL to DFW or ORD (because there is no Domestic Buisiness Class), then CW over the pond. Maybe get Comp UG domestic if EXP?

I haven't kept up with earning between BA/AA/IB, but I'm thinking you would get 16K+ EQMs and potentially many more EQPs. Throw in the EUR11 bonus and maybe the Elite Bonus on AA and this could make sense for some.

15. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    This offer has now been extended through 3/15/2012. LINK.