eUpgrading Noob

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by YULtide, Nov 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mrs YULtide and I are flying YUL-YYZ-HKG next Monday, so the window to book an upgrade the first segment just opened. My first attempt at using eUpgrades. In fact, my first upgrade ever. So I managed to snag upgrades for the first segment, for which the system in its infinite wisdom decided to give us both window seats, on opposite sides of the cabin. :confused: Fortunately it let me choose different seats, so I moved myself over to the aisle seat beside my wife.

Now, if I can just figure out how to list for an upgrade on the next segment... I have only 18 eUpgrades left, would need 17 for the upgrade, and it seems the system can only list both of us - all or nothing. (And, yes, I know, chances of an upgrade on that segment are slim to none.) Probably will have to settle for just upgrading the return YYZ-YUL segment. Better than nothing!

2. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The window is the same -- but from the departure time of the second segment.

YULtide likes this.
  3. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I can see it now. Seems they're happy to waitlist, but I don't have enough credits for both of us and the online system can only waitlist everyone on the itinerary. Looks like I'll have to try a human.

maradori and ACMM like this.
  4. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Update: We got the upgrade as mentioned YUL-YYZ, couldn't upgrade on the next segment, then waitlisted for an upgrade on the domestic segment of the return trip and rode the front of the plane YYZ-YUL. It will be nice to try the J pods on the trans-Pacific segment. Maybe next time. On the bright side, we managed to use up the bulk of my eCerts, which is better than watching them expire, as has always happened with previous paper certs. :)

ACMM likes this.