eUpgrade Sale

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by YULtide, Jun 8, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    mevlannen, mtlfire, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  2. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting that my wife got that email and is E50 but I as a SE have yet to see it.

mtlfire, uggboy and YULtide like this.
  3. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Curious. I'm E75.

mtlfire and uggboy like this.
  4. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wonder if this has anything to do with more and more of my domestic flights only having 1-3 people in J?

mevlannen and YULtide like this.
  5. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    As I recall, they expanded the window last summer, but I don't recall a reduction in e-certs required.

Clearly the squeeze on upgrades has proven more severe than they thought. I started the year with two sets of certificates and I'm almost out.

mtlfire likes this.
  6. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I mostly haven't bothered with this, as the vast majority of my travel is one one-or-two-segment feeder legs, which then connect to a mainline flight within the Western Triangle, capped off by another series of feeders. Four-segment journeys on Dashes feeding in and out of Embraers are the norm.

Upgrading to J on the Embraer is, subjectively, devalued by the tight seat pitch in the J cabin. I'm way happier (and way more productive with my airborne writing and paperwork) in either of rows 12 (bulkhead) or 19 (exit).

Actually not sure what I shall end up doing with this year's allotment of eupgrade points, as they are now accumulating via thresholds. //^_^\\

Heh. Barely into July yet, and already I am within striking distance of requal-by-segments for another whirlwind year of quintuple secret pterodactyl wings (mmm, I meant to say, SE).

YULtide likes this.