eUpgrade Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by ACMM, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interested in checking your eUpgrade balance? Want to see how many are needed for a trip you have coming up? Check this information out at the Air Canada eUpgrade site

Chimpy likes this.
  2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    The following is the email I received relating to the additional eUpgrades a Super Elite would receive as a result of the extra certificates not being made available before end-of-February. These were to be 1 SSWU and 1 SWU, however logistics apparently prevented them being sent out, so additional eUpgrades are being provided.

---
    Dear ACMM

As you know, the transition to our new eUpgrade program will take full effect on March 1, 2011. To make up for any inconvenience in the interim and in recognition of your Air Canada Super Elite® status, we are pleased to offer you ten (10) additional eUpgrade Credits.

Your electronic credits will be credited to your account on February 8, 2011. They will offer you further opportunities to enjoy the comforts and luxury of Air Canada's Executive Class® or Executive First® service as of March 1, 2011.

At Air Canada, we're proud to be launching this innovative program as it will offer our most valued customers the convenience of managing their own upgrade requests online, sharing their eUpgrade Credits with other travellers, and many other advantages.

I hope you have many occasions to use your eUpgrade Credits this year. As always, we look forward to having you on board with us.

Sincerely,
    Craig Landry
    Vice President, Marketing
    Air Canada

Chimpy likes this.
  3. En-Route
    Original Member

En-Route Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have bookings made beyond end of February.Using e-upgrades.On waitlist

4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I passed 20K on my last trip and the miles posted early this past week. Today (02/06/2011) I received the 15 eUpgrade credits in my account as listed on the AC website. So it appears the turnaround can be quite quick. When the remainder of that trip posts (1/3 still in transit :)) and this current trip to DEL posts I should have and get my 40K eUpgrades. Will post here when that happens.

[​IMG]

Chimpy likes this.
  5. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds good! I haven't even hit 20K yet, I had one trip to NRT and some short-haul shuttling. Will cross that threshold next week with an YYZ-SFO-YYZ (yes, at a high price). And will hopefully use my final SSWU cert on the redeye return!

6. En-Route
    Original Member

En-Route Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone had their pass purchases since January 1,2011 show on their account ,assuming that that was a choice chosen?

7. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    February 08, 2011 is now here and the 10 eUpgrades (for SE) in lieu of sending out the 1SSWU and 1SWU have now posted to my eUpgrade account.

[​IMG]

Chimpy likes this.
  8. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like my pass purchase (from the 2nd week of January) finally posted today. Still haven't seen an email about the "in lieu" credits or those for crossing the 150k level in December.

9. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unsure that there was any email for 150K threshold - the email was for the eUpgrades in lieu of the "special" 1SSWU and 1SWU certs that we were to get as a kindness and that in the end was not feasible for delivery. If you are waiting for threshold certs you should contact AC to get them couriered out to you asap.

Chimpy likes this.
  10. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought that there was talk that all December threshold crossings were going to be redeemed in both paper and eUpgrade credits. The thread on the other board is confusing though and I might have fallen into that state myself.

11. maradori
    Original Member

maradori Silver Member

Status Points:
    I love you ACMM, you made us all 10 years younger :)

edit: woot, got mine too!

12. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG] I will take anything to make me feel younger! [​IMG]
    Thanks for the affection! [​IMG]

Chimpy likes this.
  13. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    To be honest I did not pay much attention there as I had all my certs delivered for all thresholds crossed in late November. Sorry I cannot help more here. [​IMG]

Chimpy likes this.
  14. En-Route
    Original Member

En-Route Silver Member

Status Points:
    A little blue pill......

81mg aspirin.What do you think I meant?[​IMG]

15. getaround
    Original Member

getaround Silver Member

Status Points:
    Today I have 'Flight pass and promotion 2011' I gather these are the goodwill Eupgrade credits?

Also how does one intrepid which Eupgrades credits are for which selection from the original tier selections? I.E I guess I selected 8 for flight pass activities though I don't see how that works when extracting credits when requesting upgrades.

I wont be buying any flight pass's anymore so I wonder how these 8 credits are blocked from day to day credit redemption.

16. What were the remarks related to your flight pass credit to your eUpgrades account? I bought on Jan1/2011 and I'm still waiting for my 8 bonus eUpgrade credits...

17. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think that the credit posting I have is for the "goodwill" credits not my flight pass ones. Like getaround, mine appear as "Flight pass and promotion 2011" for 10 credits. If they were flight pass credits I should have received 12 credits.

18. PtsHawg
    Original Member

PtsHawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was wondering the same thing as Quank, but then got up to speed through your post above. I haven't received mine either for a mid-Jan purchase. Do you have to use the pass or something I wonder?

19. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    It can't be tied to simply using the flight pass as I've burned through 6 of the 10 credits already. I double checked my top tier selections for this year to see what the criteria where and this is what I found.
    When you choose this Select Privilege, you'll earn eUpgrade Credits, which will automatically be deposited into your aircanada.com eUpgrade account for each of the following Flight Pass activities made between January 1 and December 31, 2011:
    • With the purchase of an eligible Flight Pass of 6, 8 or 10 flight credits (excludes Unlimited Flight Passes and Flight Passes for Business).
    • With every eligible 10 flight credits used in conjunction with a Flight Pass for Business.
    • Per month for the duration of the travel period with the purchase of an eligible Unlimited Flight Pass.
    My flight pass was neither a Flight Pass for Business nor an Unlimited Flight Pass which leads me to believe that I fall into the area outlined by the first bullet. In that case I should have received my credits at the time of purchase.

I sent a very pointed email to AC today outlining my flight pass purchase timeline, the above top tier selection criteria and the fact that not having the credits is limiting my ability to upgrade flights that I have booked after Feb 28th. We shall see what their response is.

PtsHawg likes this.
  20. Spencerian
    Original Member

Spencerian Active Member

Status Points:
    Is anybody else confused about the eupgrade credits for Flight Pass activities? In my upgrade account they don't seem to be dealt with separately. Will I be able to use them on regular flights?

21. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    You've received your credits for flight pass activity? I've not heard of anyone who has.

With regards to what you can use the credits for, it should be any flight you want, regardless of if the flights are booked against a flight pass or not and regardless of how the credits were earned.

22. Spencerian
    Original Member

Spencerian Active Member

Status Points:
    I have an entry for 8 credits, which I'm pretty sure was to be used on Flight Pass activity (I picked that option for my Elite package), but there appears to be no restriction on its use. I also have never used a flight pass so I wasn't expecting to be able to use it at all.

23. If you got 8 credits its for buying a flight pass - did you buy one in 2011?

Once the credits are received, you can use them for flights based on this schedule:
    http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan/upgrades/eupgrades/calculation.html

Gargoyle likes this.
  24. Spencerian
    Original Member

Spencerian Active Member

Status Points:
    I've never bought one either. Eh, not that I'm complaining.

25. janyyc
    Original Member

janyyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have the same thing... 12 credits before I purchased a FP, no change now that I have purchased one... :eek: