Question: What's the etiquette for handling upgrades you get where you know you won't be taking the flight because you're going to standby for an earlier flight? The situation: EXP, bought the lowest fare tickets with some research on flights more suitable to my schedule and expected loads, knowing I'd likely same-day-standby. The ones that cleared outbound I'll use... but the upgrades for the return have started clearing and it's 95% likely that I won't even be on the same ROUTE, much less the same FLIGHTS (will be routing through different hub for better times). I don't want to cancel, and don't think I can give up the upgrades (X) at this point, but hate thinking that if I wait until day-of-travel I'm making someone else wait for their upgrade. Sure, someone will get the battlefield when I don't show... and once I change my first flight I'll be off the rest of them... just looking to see if there's a graceful way to put those awarded X upgrades back in the system without hosing my own travel plans. Thoughts?