Etihad Reaches Out To Me Regarding Flight Delay

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

As I explained a couple of weeks back, I had an Etihad flight from Seoul Incheon to Abu Dhabi that was delayed by 14 hours due to maintenance. I've had absolutely horrible luck with delays lately. I can hardly remember the last delay I had prior to a few months ago, while in the past few months I've collectively had more details than I've otherwise had in the rest of my life combined. Of course nobody likes being delayed, and of course it was a total cluster (as I'd expect from an outstation with once daily service). At the same time, I've flown enough so that I don't get aggravated by delays like these -- they happen, there's nothing that can be done about them, and the employees at the airport that are dealing with the delay are probably more pissed off about it than we are. It's amazing how safe flying is, and I would certainly rather have a 14 hour maintenance delay than have something potentially dangerous deferred. The post Etihad Reaches Out To Me Regarding Flight Delay appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...