Etihad Opening New York JFK Lounge By End Of 2015

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 11, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

The Middle Eastern carriers are largely focused on controlling as many aspects of the customer experience as they can, probably largely because they can afford to do so. For example, Emirates operates their own lounge at LAX, despite the fact that they only have one daily flight. Emirates could contract the lounge out to other airlines, but to maintain the quality of the lounge, they open it exclusively for their own passengers, so it's only open a few hours a day. That's not a cheap investment, given how expensive real estate is at Tom Bradley International Terminal. While walking through Terminal 4 at JFK on Tuesday I noticed something I wasn't aware of. There was wallpaper indicating that an Etihad Lounge was being built. I forgot to snap a picture, though it seems to concretely be under construction, even if it's not all that far along. It was just past the security checkpoint on the left, on the upper level. The post Etihad Opening New York JFK Lounge By End Of 2015 appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...