Etihad launches economy chauffeur service

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Middle East/Africa' started by sobore, Jan 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/etihad-airways-launches-economy-chauffeur-service

Economy passengers can now avail of Etihad Airways’ chauffeur service at Heathrow airport, for a charge.

The carrier’s Pearl business and Diamond first class passengers already benefit from a complimentary chauffeur service to and from Heathrow airport, and economy travellers can now opt for a similar paid-for service.

Etihad says the new option “is competitively priced, with rates comparable to London’s black cabs”, and is available to passengers arriving or departing the airport.

Customers are guaranteed a BMW or Mercedes chauffeur vehicle, and also benefit from chauffeur greeting at the arrivals hall, luggage assistance, and kerb-side drop off.

Read More: http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/etihad-airways-launches-economy-chauffeur-service

2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting development, I only wonder how many economy passengers use this service? [ especially with a charge attached ] ;)

sobore likes this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would think very few. Maybe it's a way to open up the service to a broader audience.

uggboy likes this.
  4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suppose it also depends on what the charge is- if competitive with other transport methods as mentioned this could be interesting.

uggboy and sobore like this.
  5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree, maybe that's where Etihad saw the opportunity based on the price of competing transport.

TRAVELSIG and uggboy like this.