Etihad Ate My A380!

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 5, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

I'm a big fan of "chasing" new airplanes and routes, and do everything I can to get on as many interesting inaugural flights as possible. I did the inaugural flights of the Etihad A380, Qatar A380, Qatar A350, etc. Etihad's second A380 route was supposed to be Abu Dhabi to Sydney, which will be launching in a few weeks. I had booked a seat on one of the first flights, and was excited to finally try the Etihad First Apartment on a route which is actually long enough to enjoy the experience. Yesterday I was about to plan my positioning flights for the itinerary, so I pulled up the reservation I had made on this route a while back. Only I discovered that my flight has been downgraded from an Airbus A380 to a Boeing 777-300ER. Grrrr! Looking at the schedule, it seems like several Etihad Sydney and London frequencies around late May and early June have been downgraded. My guess is that Etihad is late taking delivery of their third A380, and as a result they're having to substitute in other planes for the route. The post Etihad Ate My A380! appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...