Etihad Airways Award Seats Abu Dhabi To San Francisco

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    In July Etihad Airways announced a new route from Abu Dhabi to San Francisco, which will be launching on November 18, 2014. The flight will be operated by a Jet Airways 777-300ER. Etihad is presently leasing several 777s from Jet Airways, which I'm guessing are intended to facilitate short term growth until Etihad takes delivery of their new longhaul fleet, in particular the 787. After all, being the fastest growing airline in the world takes planes. ;) The odd thing -- as I noted earlier in my post about some airlines not releasing award space on new routes -- is that Etihad doesn't seem to be making any award space available on this flight. No matter which date I search, the Etihad Guest website shows the flight as "sold out," even at the highest award level (which usually has near guaranteed availability). The post Etihad Airways Award Seats Abu Dhabi To San Francisco appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...