Esso AE Promo

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by BackSlash, Sep 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. BackSlash

BackSlash Silver Member

Status Points:
    Esso has started their regular AE bonus from Sept 1 to Oct 30th. The twist on it this time is that you get the usual 2x mulitplier on Regular, 4x on Midgrade, and 6x on premium.

I did the math on it, and sicne the price difference between the grades stays the same, buying Premium instead of regular lets you top-up your AE account at 7.1 cpm. I don't think that would entice many people to switch business to Esso or to get a higher grade than their car needs, but ~175 AE miles to fillup if your car already needs Premium is a nice additon to the promo.

2MM_Guy, tcook052 and uggboy like this.
  2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is an interesting promo!

3. BackSlash

BackSlash Silver Member

Status Points:
    It would have been yes. I looked at the sign once again after wondering why 2x miles didn't show up on my receipt.

I goofed, The promo only applies to Esso Extra, not AE earning at Esso.

4. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Isn't there a way to transfer Esso Extra points to Aeroplan? If so, is the ratio OK?

5. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Possibly through something like points.com

6. BackSlash

BackSlash Silver Member

Status Points:
    The ratio isn't as bad as I thought 1000EE=263AE points via points.com. So about 4/1 (a little worse than directly earning AE at Esso), but slightly better with the promo.
    It looks like RBC is the better Esso Extra transfer partner at 2500EE=1500RBC

ACMM likes this.