Error: not allowed access to thread Randy just created

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by MSPeconomist, Jul 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    On my MP homepage, when I look at the list of newly created threads and click on Randy's new thread entitled "Last Minute Reward Nights....." I get an error message: "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Also earlier today I noticed a that a new thread was listed twice but I don't know whether this was an error or a duplicate posting of a new thread and I forget what the topic was.

2. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Strange......because I was able to reply to the thread.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tried it three times before reporting the problem and I just now tried it twice since seeing your post. Every time I get the same error message. I'm using Google Chrome. This is all trying to click on the thread title in the new thread list, not going through the list of threads in a forum.

Could it be that someone like Randy is editing the title of the thread or moving it to another forum as I've been trying to click on the link?

4. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't see any response in your list of recent posts. I assumed that Randy deleted the post for some reason. If that's the case, then it seems as if the system needs some work to also delete it from the New Threads list on the main forum page.

If it was just renamed, then it should show up with a search.

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't been able to find the thread in any forum, although I haven't done a serious search for it.

If the thread was indeed deleted, then this thread should probably also be deleted. However, if this hypothesis is true, it's curious that the deleted thread continues to appear in the list of new threads, so maybe that's the technical issue that needs to be reported.