Error in *A Award search: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int64' to type 'System.String'.

Discussion in 'Wandering Aramean Travel Tools' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, May 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did an award search at http://www.wandr.me/Star-Alliance-Award-Search.aspx

SFO-FRA, 1 pax, in Dec.

Got this error. I just hit back-button and did the same search again, and it "worked" (no awards found, not surprising).

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int64' to type 'System.String'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int64' to type 'System.String'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int64' to type 'System.String'.]
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBuffer.get_String() +4852244
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetString(Int32 i) +55
    System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider.GetRolesForUser(String username) +760
    System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +164
    Tools2.StarAllianceAward2Controller.Search(String txtO, String txtD, String flDate, String numPax, String ffn, String flex) in C:\Users\seth\Dropbox\Applications\WATT\Tools2\Controllers\StarAllianceAward2Controller.vb:102
    lambda_method(ExecutionScope , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +322
    System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +17
    System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +178
    System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +24
    System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassd.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__a() +52
    System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +254
    System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassf.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__c() +19
    System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +192
    System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +314
    System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +105
    System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +39
    System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +7
    System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__4() +34
    System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21
    System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
    System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +59
    System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +44
    System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +7
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8699438
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5448; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5456

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've seen these types using the tool as well. A refresh usually clears it...

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Aye...it is a database server issue I've been fighting with for some time now. A refresh generally clears it. I'm working with my host to try to figure out what's going on but progress is less spectacular than I wish it were. :(

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    No big deal now that I know it.

5. adexpert
    Original Member

adexpert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Time for a customErrors="RemoteOnly" change?

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah...I should probably do that. :oops:

I spend most of my time in dev mode, not production mode, so I often forget about things like this setting.