Eros Hotel - Managed by Hilton New Delhi

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by CrankyScott, Aug 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    It seems Hilton is taking the approach to buy older hotels and re-brand them with the Hilton name. Sadly, this has not been carried out very well. The Eros Hotel managed by Hilton in New Delhi is a good example.

• At check-in I was recognized as a Diamond but not extended any Diamond benefits.
    • I went to the coffee shop to buy a low cost breakfast and as I was paying the charges the staff said breakfast was complimentary. I talked to the Duty manager and asked why I was not informed this at check in and only find out now. He gave his apologies.
    • Side not, I must give kudos to the coffee shop staff for going out of their way in assistance – they were top notch in trying to assist. They went much further and showed much greater care than the Duty Manager.
    • Bath amenities are an India local brand and not the highly touted Peter Thomas Roth.
    • No Clock Radio W/CD Player (the website room description lists it, but not in the room). This is the second Hilton in India where I found they don’t supply in room clocks.
    • My guess is there is not Executive Lounge at this property.
    The King room was fine with the exception of the bathroom shower. I prefer to have a wall mounted shower head and not the overhead "rain" shower which never has enough pressure. I also don't like the half door shower as I tend to floor the barroom floor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kalboz and joesmoe like this.
  2. CrankyScott
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The hotel is an older property, and here is a few good examples of what I mean by older:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    All of the above pictures are from the hotels fifth floor

Kalboz, uggboy and joesmoe like this.
  3. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    We recently stayed in the same property (a couple weeks ago), and while not diamond, were a bit disappointed with the upgrade.

The staff were extremely helpful though in multiple circumstances, even at one point going to the airport to pick up a lost bag for me.

The hotel itself is very dated, the fan in our bathroom didn't work, the bathroom door wouldn't latch, our scale didn't work, they dont' have CNN, the breakfast sucks, the lounge only serves very inexpensive free drinks, the wifi leaves much to be desired.

We did get free breakfast and wifi though.

uggboy and CrankyScott like this.
  4. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    hehe we stayed on the 5th floor too. Incase you ever forget your key note that one of the elevators doesn't actually require it for the 5th floor.

uggboy likes this.
  5. CrankyScott
    Original Member

Status Points:
    There is a lounge at this Hilton? OK, its a well guarded secret as they never informed me......why must we beg to get our well earned benefits? Is it so hard to inform guests when they check-in????

joesmoe, Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  6. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Err... since relatively few properties have louges.
    (guest at front desk)
    "Do you have an executive lounge?"
    "No sir" or "Yes sir"

Time spent by guest 1.5 secs
    Effort .. zilch :)

uggboy likes this.
  7. CrankyScott
    Original Member

Status Points:
    After my initial posting, I was contact by the hotel front office and had a very nice conversation with them concerning my impressions.

The hotel was recently acquired by Hilton on 1 July. The name Eros Hilton Managed by Hilton indicates that the hotel is in a state of transition from the prior brand (InterContinental) to Hilton. During this transition, all Hilton benefits are extended and for the most part, a guest doesn’t see this. At the end of the two year transformation, the hotel name will be Hilton.

The name Eros comes from the family who owns the land in the surrounding area. Not the best of names as when one Googles or Bings “Eros” the results will not be safe for work.

The plan is for over the next two years for the hotel to transform itself into a full-fledged Hilton. As such they are doing extensive renovation and are self-aware of areas they need to tend to. I was most impressed when I returned to my room and noticed the red carpet stains I previously posted had been cleaned.

During my check-in I was not provided the welcome letter which outlines the benefits. The letter had been placed in the room I was scheduled to go to, however there was a party on that floor and due to the noise I was moved to another room which did not have the letter. The hotel acknowledges the benefit letter was an oversight.

The Diamond benefits include:
    • 50% bonus points
    • Free internet
    • Daily domestic newspaper
    • Executive Lounge access
    • Upgrade to next best available room
    • Airport pickup and drop
    • Complimentary welcome drinks (non-alcoholic) on arrival in room
    • Buffet breakfast in Lounge or coffee shop
    I am guessing the complimentary welcome drink is the bottle water as I didn’t find anything different. Most impressive is the complimentary airport transportation. This is a HUGE benefit!

They did agree that clocks are not in the room and that this was on the plan to have added.

I am most impressed with the staff at this hotel. When problems occurred, they were quick to resolve and offer to help. In my case, they had offered a token of appreciation for my troubles which I declined (this is policy of mine; if I make a complaint I don't accept offerings as I don't ever want someone to think I made a complaint in hopes of an upgrade or free meal).

Not related to the hotel, I had a problem with an inbound package and the carrier was not being helpful. After multiple days of delays, the hotel staff took the initiative to go to the carrier office in town and retrieve the package. This is going above and beyond in my book! A job well done and greatly appreciated :)

8. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for this. I have a trip to Delhi in December, and have been trying to work out where to stay. My event is at the Inda Habitat Centre and the Eros seems to be the nearest, but judging by this, I may pass on it. Instead I'm now looking at the new Doubletree and soon to open Hilton in Mayur Vihar. But reviews of the DT are scarce.

joesmoe and uggboy like this.
  9. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    You didn't miss much. Very poor apetizers and cheap free alcohol from 6-8pm daily.

10. CrankyScott
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri hotel is brand new and very nice (but expensive). The Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi/Saket hotel is very nice and connected to a small mall. Rooms are new, hotel food was great, small but efficient business center, but no lounge. On my return to Delhi, this will most likely be my choice.

Saracen and joesmoe like this.
  11. tsastor
    Original Member

tsastor Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Janakpuri hotel feels like a good and modern Hilton. And it has a nice and intimate lounge.

joesmoe likes this.
  12. CUTiger78

CUTiger78 Active Member

Status Points:
    Eros Hotel.

Since the only Eros Hotel I knew of was near the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof, I had a totally different expectation of this thread. Much less interesting than I expected....

joesmoe and Jett Rink like this.
  13. CrankyScott
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Bad Bad Boy ;) But totally agree....

joesmoe, uggboy and Jett Rink like this.
  14. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    :p

joesmoe likes this.
  15. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any word on HH Gold breakfast benefits in India? Do they generally allow you to take breakfast in the hotel restaurant as opposed to the lounge?

joesmoe likes this.
  16. tsastor
    Original Member

tsastor Silver Member

Status Points:
    At Hilton Janakpuri New Delhi, although I had breakfast in the lounge they sent up some items from the restaurant that I asked for :)

Saracen and joesmoe like this.
  17. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I was at eros I took it both in the lounge and downstairs at the restaurant. Both were free. They would not however allow me to order breakfest to the room for free.

Both buffets upstairs and down are pretty dissapointing in my opinion. After the first few times I tried the buffet I decided going to breakfest wasn't worth it (free or not, it wasn't worth the time).

Saracen likes this.
  18. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting… Part of what I'm looking forward to in India is good food. I guess I'm giving the Eros a miss, and going to try the Hilton Janakpuri, Doubletree Mayur Vihar, and Hilton Mayur Vihar.

19. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    While the free breakfest buffet wasn't great, some of the restaurants on site are not bad. But they are quite expensive. We tried the chinese restaurant for example, and the food was excellent.