Equipment change problems

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by Thore Thoresen, Dec 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Thore Thoresen

Thore Thoresen Active Member

Status Points:
    A little while back, I booked a OSL-SEA return trip in July using the direct FRA-SEA flight both ways. My intention was to book, at least, the outbound in First. However, the aircraft shown at the time of booking was a new config 747-400. I was OK with that, as the new C-seats are really nice, so I went ahead and booked in P-class. Now, the aircraft shown is back to an old config. I tried to call reservations explaining the problem, and asking if I could upgrade the outbound to an A-fare and pay a fare difference. It was like talking to a machine, stating that since the OSL-FRA flight does not have have First Class available (of course it doesen't.....) and the OSL-FRA and FRA-SEA were married segments, it was not possible. When telling her that the whole problem had surfaced due to an equipment change, that I had no way booing in First, and that First Class flights form anywhere but First Class hubs neccessarily has a C-segment, I just got the same machine-like answer back. Also, when I checked again today, the fare in C has dropped considerably, I'm pretty sure due to the change back to the old aircraft with the inferior seats.

At this point, I feel rather disappointed. Any suggestions how I could reach someone who I could actually discuss the situation with, not just someone reading rules off of a computer screen?

Kind regards,

Thore

Newscience likes this.
  2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points: