Equipment change: A388 to A346

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by SK2868, Feb 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SK2868
    Original Member

SK2868 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello!

My flight on LH401 from JFK to FRA on March 25 has been changed from an A388 to A346. According to the seatmap on my bookings, the flight will be pretty packed (8 seats available on the seatmap in eco).

What is the reason for the equipment change? Lack of aircraft b/c of late delivery?

I'm kinda bummed out, since me and my two friends i'm traveling with, had 3 great seats in the first eco cabin... Which has now been switched to middle seats on row 36, and can't be changed to any window seats because of availability...

2. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's a detailed thread on the aircraft changes through April between JFK and FRA. This generally happens with the introduction of any new aircraft type to an airline's fleet. There are lots of unanticipated issues to resolve, teething issues with the airplane itself, ground support issues, loads, etc. According to the other thread, the A380 isn't firm on a daily basis until April. Just like new tech toys where one should never buy the first version until all the bugs are fixed, when a new airplane is introduced, don't book it until it's had a chance to settle into the daily routine. Can understand your disappointment. I'm giving the A380 another 5-years to work out all the kinks. [​IMG]

SK2868 likes this.
  3. SK2868
    Original Member

SK2868 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll manage... I flew SQ's 388 in '08 and '09... ;)